Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it make much of differance on how far forward or back rest is mounted on a bow?
I have a 2007 QAD dealer has it mounted back far as it can go. I could move it forward about 1/2". I would think more forward it is more time it has to drop to avoid vanes. I am not having these issues though.

What are the advantages of having rest mounted more to front or back?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Does it make much of differance on how far forward or back rest is mounted on a bow?
I have a 2007 QAD dealer has it mounted back far as it can go. I could move it forward about 1/2". I would think more forward it is more time it has to drop to avoid vanes. I am not having these issues though.

What are the advantages of having rest mounted more to front or back?
...In My Opinion, a 1/2 inch will not make a difference in "having more time" for fletching's to clear...

...at the speed at which an arrow is launched from the bow a 1/2 inch is like what, a millionth of a second!!...

...so there is a good possibility that this is not critical by any means, although in theory and reality I guess it would allow more time for clearance, but not an issue as far as I am concerned...

...the advantages of "front or back" more have more to do with proper placement of the arrow holder once it drops out of the way...too far forward and it "could" hit the stem of the holder...too far back and it might not make contact with the arrow shelf, if this is in fact necessary for the particular rests fuctionallity...

...but if you had this Q.A.D.rest installed by an Authorized Dealer or knowledgable Pro Shop, then it should have been given all proper consideration and should be installed to work at maximum effieciency and performance :darkbeer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts