Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Rest setup question. I have a buddy that has a apache rest on his bow. When bow is in vise and perfectly level he puts arrow on string where nock was set up by pro shop. He then put arrow level about three inches in front of riser on the arrow. He pulls cord on rest so arrow is in cocked position. The level on the arrow should now read level correct? When all is set up correctly, the bow should be level in the vise and the arrow should also be reading level when in up position on the apache rest?? It is not reading even close to level. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank u in advance.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Level is a great starting point. I have found most of my rigs tune the best a bit nock high. Not to be an ass, but is he putting tje arrow under the nock??

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry forgot to mention he has a d loop. Also should the bottom of the rest be lower than the flat part of the shelf on the riser? Because it is as of now.

·
Registered
995 Posts
As a general rule, the arrow should split the berger hole in the riser. Set the rest up to that, not the d loop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts