Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a TT Shakey the other day and put it on my Alien. Had it tuned to come up very late in the draw. I took it to my local shot to paper tune it and kept getting a vertical tear. The owner said it was because the rest wasn't getting out of the way in time. Is this true? I ended up putting a Bodoodle game dropper on. I am nervous that when it counts for the big buck I am going to shake the arrow off the fins. What is a rest that is fast enough other than the limbdriver?

·
Registered
51,088 Posts
It could be, but it can be timed to get out of the way fast enough. I would first take a look at where your nock point is. On most drop away rests the nock point is set high. If moving the nock set up doesn't cure it then I would look at the spine of the arrow. The limb driver is a fine rest and will also work. But I'm willing to bet your nock point needs to be moved up if it is a nock low tear. If it is a nock high tear then it needs to be moved down.:)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So was he just blowin smoke when he told me that? Should any drop away be fast enough even for the fastest bow. I will say that I do believe my arrows were underspined.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Put a QAD Ultra rest on there.
You wont be sorry.
Drop away with arrow containment at it's finest.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
The QAD pro LD will get out of the way fast enough. They have good support so they will help you get it perfect if you need help.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The Trophy Taker spring can be advanced so the rest will drop out of the way quicker. It's a pain to diassemble but once disassembled there are two holes in the rest body for the spring to seat into. Seat the spring into the second hole and the spring tension will be increased and thus will drop out of the way faster. I've had to do this on a couple of TT rests over the years.. both were shakey hunters now that I think about it.

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
Even with that rest on the first hole, it still should drop away plenty fast, provided it was set up properly with the bow.

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
if i wasnt using a limb driver i would be using a g5.

but sounds like you want more hold. so QAD hd would work.

also that new trivan is freakin sweet. saw at a 3d shoot and it was nice and draped fast.

why not limb driver? just asking. its the easiest drop away to set up.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well from everything I have heard the Limb Driver is super awesome. I just wanted to hear about something else.

·
Registered
51,088 Posts
The Trophy Taker or any drop away rest will work just fine-----bottom line is it needs to be set up properly. To answer your question yes your dealer was blowing smoke, mainly because either he didn't know how to set it up or just wanted to sell you another rest bottom line there.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts