Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help here, got my new strings, put the bowmaster press on, removed the old string but the new ones seem to be at least 3"to4" short is this normal, or do i need to crank down further on the press to make it fit assuming the old strings stretched being a 2007 rapture. i also rechecked the string lenght on the new string, it was correct.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Did you measure the old string and the new string? The new string should be within 1" of the old one. If the new string is too short, then it's the wrong string size and you'll need to get the correct size. Same goes for the cables.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Try measuring the ATA when it's on the press...you need to press it at least and inch or so more than that to do the replacement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where did you get your strings?

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
If in fact there is 3 to 4 inchs difference you have the wrong new string or the one that was on the bow was wrong to start with. Not seeing it in hand that is the only conclusion. If you lay them side by side they should only be less than 1" difference--the old one being the longer of the two.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Might help if you tells what bow draw length etc & the leangth of your new / old strings so some one can confire where the stringa re right. Or go to the manafture web site & get string lengths then check with your new old 1 sees whats up
Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts