Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't be happier! After a stint shooting a Carbon Matrix Plus, I originally picked up an Experience for target shooting (60lb). After falling in LOVE with the draw cycle, valley, letoff, and adjustability, I bit the bullet and picked up a Prodigy to replace the Carbon Matrix.
To be honest, I don't even know what I was thinking! Both bows draw like a dream, are rock steady at full draw, and dead in the hand at the shot.
The carbon matrix had the carbon riser going for it, which was nice in cold weather, but pin float was horrible, and I just never felt comfortable shooting it.
Now, I'm chomping at the bit for 3D shoots to start back up, and for turkey season to get here!

IMG_20171227_202329169.jpg

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Congrats those are 2 great bows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all! I can't help but shoot them every chance I get! I set up an improvised range in my basement (when it's -36 outside, no one wants to shoot in that), and I find myself picking up each one multiple times a day and flinging some arrows. The Experience is going to be outstanding for target shoots, and the Prodigy on the #3 (smooth) setting has THE BEST draw cycle I have ever felt! The grips on both of them are amazing and it is so easy to get on target and stay there. Coming from the Carbon Matrix, it's so nice to not have that pin float any more!

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,490 Posts
See a lot of used Bowtechs for sale in the classifieds but not many Prodigys. Seems those who have them are hanging on to them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see why, it's an awesome bow! I scoured every source I could find for months! Add to it that I'm left-handed, and it was a long process.

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,490 Posts
I can see why, it's an awesome bow! I scoured every source I could find for months! Add to it that I'm left-handed, and it was a long process.
I know the feeling I’m a lefty too. Took me a long time to score a Boss. Always wanted try a Prodigy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought both of these used, the Experience from Ebay, and the Prodigy from a FB group. They don't come along very often, so I jumped on it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts