Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not secret that I am a big fan of Jeff Aulik and Gray Wolf Woolens. In fact, I may have a Gray Wolf problem. :eek::wink:

Anyway, my gf knows I am a big *****cat when it comes to the cold. So, she treated me to the 3 in 1 Jacket.

Huge surprise......Jeff has my exact measurements on file. Plus, he knows I am a cargo pocket freak. So, he knew just how to build this jacket.

In the past, I have always been extremely satisfied with the Gray Wolf product. However, Jeff completely outdid himself with this masterpiece. This jacket is absolutely awesome. Sized perfect, built bomb proof, and beyond functional.

My jacket starts with a Fall Gray wool shell.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Overall, I was beyond pleased with the jacket. The craftsmanship, the fit, the quality of the wool, and all of the functionality in design are second to none.

Yeah, this jacket all set up was probably around $560 (I don't know for sure.....it was a gift). I can honestly say it is worth every penny. This jacket will definitely help me man up for some late season hunts and provides me with an awesome fall jacket for early bow season.

I am confident that it will last me a lifetime. :darkbeer:

And no, I am not on Gray Wolf's pro staff and Jeff did not pay me to post this thread. I just know there are a lot of guys interested in Gray Wolf and need a little more information before they throw down the cash for this high end line of custom camo.

Here is the link to the jacket:

http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/product.php?productid=85&cat=25&page=1

·
NAASP
14,557 Posts
Review

Thanks for the review.

Very nice system.

I became a GW addict 2 years ago. I know your thoughts...:wink:

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Very nice. Now what are you going to get for your winter jacket. :wink:

Every time I see stuff from grey wolf, I am impressed. All of Jeff's stuff is top notch. I've got a jacket and 6 pocket pants and will be ordering more in the future, for sure. I'm really impressed at how durable, quiet and water repellent wolf skin. Looking forward to some wool at some point too.

Paul, you had better start pulling out the spring green wolfskin, I've got a couple gobblers picked out with your name on them. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
wow....thats a nice present! i would love to buy one of those jackets because it seems like it would be the ultimate hunting coat.

nice review

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
He just needs to offer ASAT in wolfskin and I'll be hooked.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Nice jacket. Real quick question for ya. Do you think you will still have to use alot of layers when it gets cold in late season or will you be able to keep layers to a minimum? I'd like to find some nice warm camo for when it gets down in the 20 and 30's so that I can keep layering down to a minimum.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
GWW is the best. I think his own Illusion camo series is much unknown and not publicized but is one of the best camos on the market:wink:.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice jacket. Real quick question for ya. Do you think you will still have to use alot of layers when it gets cold in late season or will you be able to keep layers to a minimum? I'd like to find some nice warm camo for when it gets down in the 20 and 30's so that I can keep layering down to a minimum.
I told Jeff that I use the Heater Body Suit and I like it. However, I would like a jacket that would keep me almost as warm. He said this will do it. I wanted to add lite loft to the liner jacket but Jeff said it will be too warm.

So, yes, I think jacket will allow me have minimal layers on 20 - 30 degree weather. We will see this December. :)

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
WOW !! You just took like 9 pictures of a jacket and replied 10 times( or so)
to your own thread.

It must be the off-season.:wink:

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
The wool is SUPER tough...I used some samples to make booties for my dog and they've lasted 5 months...and look like new!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts