Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
just wondering how you all like the 2" feathers? are they enough vane to steam a Broad head?
I was wondering the same thing... I like the look but worry about the noise at 300fps +...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Anyone? I'm very curious myself.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've got them on a set of Goldtips 5575 and a half doz. Victorys . Havn't done much but a few pactrice shots to sight in with . They work great for my Grim Reaper Razortip. 3 red on white wraps for 3d . But I also have a set with FOBS and cann't decided which I like better.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
I was wondering the same thing... I like the look but worry about the noise at 300fps +...
Pretty quiet at 357fps and do yery good with montech.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I used them and they are fast and quiet, but I don't have much luck with them using a field tip in any kind of wind.

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
I use them on my target arrows - very quiet well over 300 fps..

I hunt with Blazers though

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
rayzr

i just got some arrows with rayzrs on them and the first shot i took the first thing i thought was that they were very quiet have not shot any broadheads yet but i will be soon

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
love em, 4 fletch with slick tricks,have tested 4 blade stingers,thunder heads and 4 blade muzzys and all group with target points at 40 yrds.i have to laugh at any one who asks about feathers being noisy.has any one ever heard of a deer ducking a feather fletched arrow ...i never have...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Been using them for over a year now and working great crono about 6ft.pr.second faster than blazers. Used muzzys,thunderheads,slicktricks, shot all veary well. Tried them thruogh a biscuit, little rough on them but still veary accuret.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
i have not found them to be satisfactory with my bows arrows or heads at 30 yards or farther, inside 30 they were ok, but not great

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
When I used them I thought they stabilized a G5 striker as good or better than anything.I quit using them because they were easily messed up in the quiver if they brushed against something. They fly great but are not as durable as other types of vanes in my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts