Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im needing some reviews on these 2 bows the Bowtech destroyer 350 and the 340 :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Ive heard nothing but great things about both. Check the General Archery Discussion section, a lot of reviews on there

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I have only shot the 350, but I imagine that they are very similar in feel.

It felt pretty nice in the hand. Not too bad. I personally wasn't a fan of the wider grip-I would rather shoot off the shelf, but it wasn't terrible.

The draw was not bad at all for 350 fps. It was very stiff, I will say that. But, it was smooth, there were no sudden humps or sudden drop offs. If it was going to be graphed, it would be a smooth curve, but it would peak fairly quickly. Over all, the draw was nice. The wall was nothing special, though. It wasn't super squishy, but it certainly wasn't rock solid. I still like my Guardian's draw better, though. :wink:

On the shot, it was not too bad. No vibration. It had a bit of a... well, it's hard to describe. It's kind of like a thump, only not. If you have shot the brigadier, and you know the thump after the shot on that, imagine that only more aggressive. Not too bad, I have shot much worse. But, there was a bit of a thump.

I thought the flex guard was pretty cool. It did move, but not a whole lot. It also looked like it could be adjusted. I say it looks like it will be a lot of fun to tinker with. I also had to lower the lbs to try it, and I really liked the limb pockets. They looked like they held the limbs in place well, and there were screws on the side, kind of like a Hoyt, that keeps them from moving around.

Very nice over all bow, but I would rather stick with my Guardian. I think the best thing is to go out and try one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts