Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright gentlemen I made some adjustments moved my peep higher in my string that lowered my anchor and lost the stiff arm and pitch fork hand shot for about 4 hours today and i'm more consistant than I have ever been and more steady too feels great so heres another picture I look like a a** and my wife is still making fun of me but the advice is worth it so anymore thoughts.......fire away. And again thanks for all the input if I could I buy ya all a beer:darkbeer:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Just a couple things from me. You're obviously leaning back and titling your head back. The bow's draw length doesn't appear that bad. I suggest you work o distributing your weight evenly on your feet and stand up straight.

The release looks too long. Your drawing elbow is down--lower than the hand. Try shortening the release.

Then take another picture---with an arrow in the bow and aiming level.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Stand up straight and touch your nose to the string and that will help you get a consistant anchor.

Also load an arrow in that thing. Never draw back an unloaded bow!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Is that a metal d loop? If it is then the best advise is to loose that sucker and have a rope installed. Those things are trouble.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,655 Posts
Alright gentlemen I made some adjustments moved my peep higher in my string that lowered my anchor and lost the stiff arm and pitch fork hand shot for about 4 hours today and i'm more consistant than I have ever been and more steady too feels great so heres another picture I look like a a** and my wife is still making fun of me but the advice is worth it so anymore thoughts.......fire away. And again thanks for all the input if I could I buy ya all a beer:darkbeer:
Please load an arrow, every time you draw your bow.

If you do load an arrow onto your bow (which should be everytime you draw you bow)....

then stand in front of a target,
when you take a picture,
with a loaded bow.

Really need a head to toe picture,
to figure out if the bow draw length setting
fits your body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts