Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a diamond nitrous bow and am kind of doubting the bow. The things I know are that it is super quiet and has a very smooth draw. The only think that worrys me is the speed. It just doesnt seem like it as fast as the black ice or the marquis. Please tell me different? Also just tell me some of the pros and cons of the bow. Thank you-82nd

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I know that the IBO is 318 on the black ice and the nitrous.it jsut seem like the shape of the cam on the nitrous is more rounded and that would make it slower compared to the black ice. Ill just have to see for myself when it arrives.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like mine a lot, in fact am heading to elk camp tomorrow to hopefully put my first animal on the ground with it. The few things I don't like is the small amount of cable clearance for arrows with fletching, with blazers you must shoot cock vane out, fobs are ok. I have the draw weight set at max which should be 60#s but it is 57#, so the limbs can be sent back for warranty.
But I still get 250fps with 450gr arrows, my DL is 29.5".
Darn nice drawing bow for the small price.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
As far as I know the BI and Nitrous are the same bow. I was told by a proshop Diamond made the Nitrous because the Chain shops were selling the BI and the proshops wanted something different. So they wouldn't be the same as the chains. Not sure how true it is but I really think they are the same bow. I love my BI...it's no speed demon but it's got zip thats for sure.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive heard the same problem on the nitrous Emjohn. The forum that I read said that the saunders hyper glide gives you 1/16 inch more clearence so you can use blazers. I really like what you guys are tellin me so far. One more question.How can the let-off be adjusted down to 65%. Is that something I needed to do when I ordered the bow?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a Nitrous, bought one in October 2008, this bow is fast. My current setup is as follows:

72# draw weight 30" draw length
Hunting Arrow - Carbon Express Rebel Hunters 514gr @ 264 fps
Competition Arrow - Carbon Express Maxima 3D 384gr @ 304 fps

So don't worry, there is a lot of speed within this bow.

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
it IS a good bit slower than the marquis, and a TAD slower than the black ice, but i dont think you will have much to worry about.

it is very quiet, and real weak draw cycle.. holds real nice, i think you will like it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
diamond nitrous

I got a nitrous last sept three weeks before bow season opened. I got this bow set up in a matter of a couple hours. I have never had a bow tune so fast and easy. I killed two deer and a cyote ,three shots, three pass thrus.I'm pulling 62 lbs at 27.5 inches. this bow is more than fast enough . It's smooth and very accurate. for the money this bow is hard to beat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts