Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Revolt X coming in less than a week (on order since March). What is the recommended center shot starting point? The usual 13/16"? Set arrow parallel to riser? I'm assuming once the center shot is set you leave it there and fine tune BS and broadheads with the Deadlock system? How about a starting point for nock height. I'm new to Bowtechs, but have tophat tuned many Mathews. I need to get this bow set up and tuned ASAP as I leave for Montana on 9/30. Thanks for any assistance!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'd run arrow level through the berger holes and a 13/16 center shot, then tune with deadlock.

Reactions: Scamper

·
Mark
6,010 Posts
I'd run arrow level through the berger holes and a 13/16 center shot, then tune with deadlock.
I do the same on mine. 3-4 arrows is about all it takes. I set top and bottom cam same distance using calipers to measure.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don’t have a Revolt X (planning on one but waiting to see what 2022 brings), but do have a reckoning and a reckoning 38. I would start with the center berger and 13/16th center shot but don’t be dead set on either. If you end up moving the cams all the way to right (or left) to get a bullet in paper, there is nothing wrong with moving the rest. Several including myself are closer to 11/16. I would start with the center berger and move nock up according to hold and grip feel 1/16” at a time, moving rest also for a level arrow. Both mine hold noticeably better with the bottom of the arrow through the top half of the berger. And Tim Gillingham has said all his Bowtechs have held best there. I would get the hold I like and then paper tune, you might have to lower rest slightly.
I have experimented with cam timing (using the lucky justo tool) and I like the stops to hit at same time. A few others have said they hold better with top cam hitting a hair early (like 1/16”).
Podium archer (or might be under elkshape channel) on youtube has some good info on tuning the deadlock cams. There are some good threads on AT too. Might be under title of reckoning but bows will tune similar.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I tried forever to get the bow to shoot nock level but eventually gave up and ran it 1/8" nock high and it shoots bullets and bare shafts better than any bow I've ever owned. Rest was set at 13/16 and never touched after.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I tried forever to get the bow to shoot nock level but eventually gave up and ran it 1/8" nock high and it shoots bullets and bare shafts better than any bow I've ever owned. Rest was set at 13/16 and never touched after.
Mine tuned just a touch nock high as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts