Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I was just noticing a noise after the bow sits for a bit when I draw the bow the first time it makes a noise. I’ve greased the limb rockers, the cable slide arm and still does it after it sits over night still. Could it be the strings Or I am open to other ideas just asking for some ideas here

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
9D27DC01-C430-4D3B-A28F-CF4274E986A3.jpg

It seems like it’s on the first part of the draw cycle

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
when you say cable slide arm..... Do you mean Flex Guard? Is there a black plastic piece that snaps into the riser and the Flex Guard sets in it? That should be dry I believe. On the 1st Gen RealmX it used to pop. Bowtech redesigned it with groves and it solved the problem. I haven't heard of it on the RevoltX…. Unless it was disassembled and an old part was put in by mistake?

I would double check all mod screws and accessories.

Good luck.

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Also check Flex Guard bearings. See if you can squeeze them, should have not any side to side movement. Bowtech has had some bearing issues.

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you will check those it is all stock stuff but I’ll look into it and check the mod screws but I think I did already

·
Registered
17,368 Posts
Your not the only revolt x having that issue

·
Registered
17,368 Posts
Who else? Love to hear what’s happen or what they have done
That revolt x has been sent back to bowtech, dealer replaced bearings didn't fix the noise/click feel at the first couple inches of draw, then dealer replaced the flex guard and still didn't fix issue so dealer sent it back to bowtech and it's still there. Probably been around a week at bowtech now.

·
Registered
790 Posts
It's your flex guard bearings if its a click noise. Trust me.......................

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It only happens once after sitting for a bit and not a click It sound more like something coming out. I’m gonna measure the serving size to see if it’s too thick

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
A good friend of mine had the exact same problem. It creaked on the first draw after sitting a while.

The fix for his Revolt X was putting some grease behind the plastic piece that the flex roller guide rests against.

This and the roller bearings going bad has been a problem since the Realm X came out and the bearing issues have been going on intermittently since the flex guide came out.

This stuff is getting pretty old, maybe it's time for a better design?

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took apart the bearing and repacked them so I’ll try alittle grease behind that and see

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
So will this be right off the bat? Or come on later after shooting for awhile?
Dealer said my revoltx showed up today!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right off the bat! I have two revolt x and my father has two only one does it and they are amazing bows

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Right off the bat! I have two revolt x and my father has two only one does it and they are amazing bows
Ok. We shall see Benj. Pumped about this bow! Thx.

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. We shall see Benj. Pumped about this bow! Thx.

Keep us updated I really think your gonna love it

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You would think Bowtech would have figured this **** out by now. The Realm's did the same thing. They did start sending out a different piece that inserts in the riser on the Realm's. That and some string wax between it and the actual flex arm fixed mine. Then you have the roller bearing issue also. It's one of the two

·
Registered
49 Posts
My RealmX did the same thing so they sent a new plastic piece with the grooves. That stopped it for a while but it came back. I lived with it last year but changed the flex guard this year and it has quit so far, knock on wood.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts