Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cam timing is spot on. I am having a hard time bare shaft tuning. Bare shafts hitting high. Does bowtech require nock high and how much?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Did you try lowering your rest or raising your nock point?

What rest are you using? Could be drop away timing

Did you try another clutch grip? Too much or too little wrist on the grip can do this.

Another thing you could try is lengthening your d loop, maybe you're dropping your release shoulder s bit and, with a short d loop this might affect arrow flight.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have raised d loop and lowered rest. I’ve shot Hoyt for years with grip removed. Revolt has a higher grip. May be an issue

·
Registered
24,598 Posts
I have raised d loop and lowered rest. I’ve shot Hoyt for years with grip removed. Revolt has a higher grip. May be an issue
Drop down in spine
With a stiffer spine arrow you will have a tendency to fight a nock low condition with the Revolt’s

For instance
I generally shoot 300’s or 330’s with my specs, on my Revolt X I had to drop down to a 340 spine to have tune settings where I wanted them and clean up vertical nock travel.

Revolt X specs
28” draw @ 73.5 #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
When I set up both my revolt x‘s I had to set my starting point at 3/4 berger and 1/8” nock high. Once I did that I was able to get it perfect. First one i had to restart 3 times because I refused to believe I would need it that high. the second I started as stated above and I was 3 arrows to a bullet hole.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Took me way longer than normal with my rx4, sometimes ya just gotta take a break and come back to it.

·
Registered
Bowtech revolt x
3,852 Posts
Wha
Took me way longer than normal with my rx4, sometimes ya just gotta take a break and come back to it.
What did you come up with?

I’m in the same bow the arrow sitting on the string nock high but shooting pretty darn good right now

mayplay with mine more because I’m not a fan of the tune but sometimes I wonder why mess with it when it shoots even if it’s not quote on quote perfect

·
Registered
24,598 Posts
Wha

I’m in the same bow the arrow sitting on the string nock high but shooting pretty darn good right now

mayplay with mine more because I’m not a fan of the tune but sometimes I wonder why mess with it when it shoots even if it’s not quote on quote perfect
Those that have been around awhile would remember the day most your bows tuned nock high.

It’s just a matter of how they engineer the cam tracks in relation to static settings and what it’s like dynamically.

As long as its not nock low and shoots clean vertical nock travel you won’t have any issues.

* as long as your cam synch is within reason *

Once you lose that lock in feel on the Bowtechs at full draw you will start having issues in vertical group spreads do to the inconsistencies pulling into the backwall.

·
Registered
Bowtech revolt x
3,852 Posts
Those that have been around awhile would remember the day most your bows tuned nock high.

It’s just a matter of how they engineer the cam tracks in relation to static settings and what it’s like dynamically.

As long as its not nock low and shoots clean vertical nock travel you won’t have any issues.

* as long as your cam synch is within reason *

Once you lose that lock in feel on the Bowtechs at full draw you will start having issues in vertical group spreads do to the inconsistencies pulling into the backwall.

I agree with that 100% it’s really hard to tel on the bowtech because the draw stops get small indents in them. I have it now that the top hits a hair before the bottom I’ll see how that shoot tonight

what bow are you shooting at the moment I usually love to see your inout

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wha

I ended up doing some yolk tuning and got it shooting well finally. Had a slight cam lean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts