Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 16 year vacation from archery I'm back at it. The bows sure have changed from the early 2000's.

The top of my list is an Elite Rezult. I can't seem to decide on 36 or 38"

I am 6'2" with a 30" DL. Which is part of the reason I was leaning to the 38.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have a 30” draw too and find 37-40” best for me. In the middle would probably be ideal, which would be the Rezult 38

After a 16 year vacation from archery I'm back at it. The bows sure have changed from the early 2000's.

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts

Thanks!
With 30" DL go with the 38 you will like the string angle much better IMO and welcome back to archery.(y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I will be on the hunt for one. Now its just on to the decision on 60# or 70# DW. Current bow is 70, set at 68ish. But the dinosaur Jennings Tmaster is like 60% letoff maybe...

·
Registered
450 Posts
30" draw the 38 will be fine. If you're looking to max speed on ASA range (288-299 fps depending on class), you could get away with 60# with a lighter arrow. Faster than that, I'd go with 70#.

For reference: Rezult 38, 28.25" draw, 58#, 380 grain GT Pierce = 258 fps. It. Is. Slow.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
The Rezults are extremely good shooting snails. Badly miss their IBO ratings. I would highly recommend a 70 if you can handle it and at your height and DL, a 38 over the 36. They do tune and shoot well though. Just about 15 FPS slower than advertised.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
The Rezults are extremely good shooting snails. Badly miss their IBO ratings. I would highly recommend a 70 if you can handle it and at your height and DL, a 38 over the 36. They do tune and shoot well though. Just about 15 FPS slower than advertised.

I finally got my hands on a ReZult 36 and was pleasantly surprised by the speed. I fully expected it to miss IBO by a significant margin, but it actually hit its adjusted IBO, according to the Utopia Speed Calculator that is typically use.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I finally got my hands on a ReZult 36 and was pleasantly surprised by the speed. I fully expected it to miss IBO by a significant margin, but it actually hit its adjusted IBO, according to the Utopia Speed Calculator that is typically use.
Thats awesome. We worked a ton to get the 38 up to somewhere close to 325 IBO. It took new speed mods and new Threadz with speed nocks and still fell just short. I don't remember exactly but I believed we got it close to 320 real world IBO.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
My 36 is plenty quick. No idea what the adjusted IBO is but specs:

64#
28.25”
360gr arrow
288 FPS
Is that measured DL or going off the mod setting? That’s pretty good....I’m shooting a 363gr arrow at a measured 28 3/8” @ 294fps 68lb. Standard mods With my Remedy, and the Rezult 36 is rated 1fps less.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Is that measured DL or going off the mod setting? That’s pretty good....I’m shooting a 363gr arrow at a measured 28 3/8” @ 294fps 68lb. Standard mods With my Remedy, and the Rezult 36 is rated 1fps less.

Measured draw length. Standard mods

·
Registered
450 Posts
Holding 13# (it’s in the number 3 position on the cables top mod).

I’m in position 5.5. Which is supposed to be 27.75. But it measures at 28.25

1 - 15 of 15 Posts