Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one is smoother and more forgiving i have shot the 6.5 but not the 7.0. I loved the 6.5, but i was wondering what the difference was other than the brace height and 5fps

·
Registered
152 Posts
I could'nt really tell a differance between the two. Some people say the 7.0 is a little smoother on the draw, but I honestly couldn't tell. I probably liked the 6.5 a little better because I have a short draw length and did appreciate the extra speed, but if i had a longer drawlength say 29 or 30 I would probably go with the 7.0. Sorry if this did'nt help much.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You should shoot more bows before you buy this one. Worst bow Mathews ever made in my opinion. They have already modded it new to try and reduce hand shock.

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
You should shoot more bows before you buy this one. Worst bow Mathews ever made in my opinion. They have already modded it new to try and reduce hand shock.
Yes, you should try other bows because even though you loved it this guy doesn't like it. And his opinion should matter the most. :rolleyes:

That didn't take long. :thumbs_do

As far as the 6.5 and the 7.0 go, I felt the 7.0 drew a little smoother and I really liked the way it shot. After looking around and shooting other bows I came back to the 7.0 and bought it. I asked around on the Mathews forum and almost all of those guys only reported a 2-3 fps difference in speed between the 6.5 and the 7.0. With my arrows there was a 3-4 fps difference in the demo bows at the shop, which made choosing the 7.0 an easier choice. I like the little extra brace height for hunting purposes. Good luck, shoot them both and you'll probably be able to make a decision you'll be happy with.

·
A.T.Under Sophist
20,849 Posts
Yes, you should try other bows because even though you loved it this guy doesn't like it. And his opinion should matter the most. :rolleyes:

That didn't take long. :thumbs_do

As far as the 6.5 and the 7.0 go, I felt the 7.0 drew a little smoother and I really liked the way it shot. After looking around and shooting other bows I came back to the 7.0 and bought it. I asked around on the Mathews forum and almost all of those guys only reported a 2-3 fps difference in speed between the 6.5 and the 7.0. With my arrows there was a 3-4 fps difference in the demo bows at the shop, which made choosing the 7.0 an easier choice. I like the little extra brace height for hunting purposes. Good luck, shoot them both and you'll probably be able to make a decision you'll be happy with.
He was just giving his opinion.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I just bought the 6.5 a few weeks ago. Started shooting 40-50 yards with it over the weekend. It's a tack driver for sure. Holds nice and steady. With that being said, I ordered the 7.0 today in all black. I will sale the 6.5. If I can shoot the 7.0 any better than I am the 6.5, it will be a keeper for sure. Losing 2-3 fps is the least of my worries. Also, don't buy into all the vibration stories you hear on here. Mine is as dead in the hand as my DXT was. It's one thing if people truly don't like it. It's another if they just want to bash. You owe it to yourself to shoot the bow yourself and come to your own conclusion.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I dont think there is a huge difference between the 2. I agree that the 7.0 might be a hair smoother, but the main reason that I got the 7.0 instead of the 6.5 is because the 7.0 is offered in a 30.5" draw and I'm a 31". Don't listen to the haters. If the reezen didnt have the Mathews name on it, a lot more people would like it. The only thing that matters is that you like it. If you like the way it holds and shoots, who cares what anybody else thinks.The reezen models are absolute tack drivers and will make a great hunting bow.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Can there be ONE, just ONE thread where someone doesnt start bashing?Vibration, handshock, ect, ect. Come on. EVERY bow will have some sort of buzz, handshock, vibration to it BARE. thats why the make STS, Limbsavers and COUNTLESS other NOISE AND VIBRATION REDUCTION PRODUCTS.

On to the orignal question at hand. The 7.0 did draw a hair smoother but not enough to make a huge difference. The 4-5 fps loss is only minor in a bow that will still shoot a IBO arrow at 320+ fps. Its all going to be a matter of personal preferrence. Some like a shorter brace height, others dont. Me personally i like between a 7-7.5" brace so the 7.0 would be ideal for me. If i was looking for pure speed then the 6.0. But there again its on 4-5 fps. You just need to shoot both. you wont be able to tell major difference in the 2 as far as forgiveness until you start stacking them on out there at 40+ yards. then that 1/2" of brace may become more noticeable.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
for some shooters it wont. for shooters who are not used to shooting a short brace height bow it may. try it for yourself. go shoot a 82nd airborne at 50 yards then shoot a 101st at 50 yards...same bow just an 1" difference in brace height. may affect you may not. same on the mathews monster and xlr8...same bow just a 5" vs 6" brace height and speed. some may be able to shoot the monster and not shoot the xlr8...its all about what you can shoot, what feels good to you, and what your used to shooting.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
more or less you wont notice as big a difference in the 1/2" as you would say 1" of difference. 7" still draw a touch smoother to me and id sacrifice 5 fps any day to get a smooth draw

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I could'nt really tell a differance between the two. Some people say the 7.0 is a little smoother on the draw, but I honestly couldn't tell. I probably liked the 6.5 a little better because I have a short draw length and did appreciate the extra speed, but if i had a longer drawlength say 29 or 30 I would probably go with the 7.0. Sorry if this did'nt help much.
I'm 29" and I couldn't tell a difference either.
I bought the 6.5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts