Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight was my 11 yr old son and my first night to shoot in a techno hunt league. He kicked my butt. My average was 6.6. His was 7.4.
I'd like to blame it on me breaking my light 10 minutes before we started bbuutt. So the help I need is are they all pretty much the same? Thread wise that is. Also does anyone recommend one over the other?
My site is a trophy ridge react 5. I've stollen my older sons for now. He's not shooting with us because he's recovering from a broken collar bone.
If anyone has any help here I'd really appreciate it
Thanks
Ron

I won't tell you what I don't know

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure probably brand specific . I have a hha single pin with a blue burst light for sale . It’s awesome only lights the fiber pin up and won’t blind you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Impartial Archer
18,798 Posts
IMO they are all too bright to way too bright and wash out the target. I get wax or a sharpie and tone all of mine down a LOT. I want the pin to barely glow so I can still make out the target. Brand hasn't made a difference because again they are all too bright.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,779 Posts
The RUff sight light has a rheostat. You can turn it down to nothing, which is off. There is a tiny on and off switch. Last report from Bill Ruff was his new light was kept to the same price as his original, $47.?? TYD. He makes them per order. The new light is brighter and the main body less bulky. Upper is the old and the lower the new. All you need is the thread size. And he has a fiber optic adapter.
Ends can be straight or 90 degrees for a lower profile. Takes the nickel size batteries (2) and mine have went over 12 hours when left on (me being dumb). Here on AT - redruff https://store11274330.ecwid.com/Sight-Light-p81380910

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea was just looking for one like the little light that came with the sight. I googled it and got a lot of lights that look the same for the most part but all have different manufacturer. I have light like that one on my target bow. I'm using my hunting bow for the tournament

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
the ones ive had all fit into the different sights ive had but I think ive only had lights on deadnuts and spot hogg. I went back and measured one and I came up w/ 3/8x32 thread. another thing I think truglo has a universal kit that has a light and several different screw in adapters.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,779 Posts
Got it from Lancaster before I got to using Bill's. CBE has a rheostat. $25 and change I think counting shipping.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Sell you this for 85$
Has a blue burst light put new batteries in it yesterday . Only lights the fiber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks but a little more than I'd like to spend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts