Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at these at it says that you can shoot broadheads into them. I shoot rage hypodermics and use the practice tips that came with them, would I have any trouble.

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
I shoot hypo practice tips at mine. They take everything, except toxics, well. It's almost time for a new target and I'm sticking with the 18-1. Best target I've owned.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I had an 18-1 and shot out all 18sides in six month and they had no problem replacing it, BUT rinehart informed me that the new 18-1 they where sending me would have not warranty and I did not find that cool at all!!!!!

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
If you shoot enough to wear one out in 6 months, you would've shot out 5 other targets with no warranty in that time.

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,125 Posts
Great target, I love it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Great target, went through 3 of the decent ones in the past three years. Used the 18 in 1 target last year and it barely shows any sign of wear. Get it, you'll save money in the long run. Plus, I can't believe how it holds up to broad heads.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I've shot my grim reapers and other rages into it with no problems. I probably have about 500 shots into mine and it still looks new.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds good. I was looking at one and it seemed harder than other broadhead targets so i wanted to make sure it wasn't really hard to pull broadheads out of it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've been looking at these at it says that you can shoot broadheads into them. I shoot rage hypodermics and use the practice tips that came with them, would I have any trouble.
Here's a my 18-1 with well over 700 shots on just one side with both field points and Rage Practice tips ranging from 60 yards right up to 3 feet. The opposite side is not as bad, the remaining sides have a few shot to them but it looks like I did not meet their 1 year guarantee if I shoot out every side within that time frame.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I shot mine up in 3-4 month's with broadhead's. Like a dummy I didn't fill out the warranty card thinking if it's that great and if I can get a year out of it then it's well worth it.

·
Distance hole puncher
1,978 Posts
I like mine.

Only downside is pulling out the arrows. Keep a small rag soaked in ArmorAll handy. Wipe the tip and first 3-4 inches of arrow shaft before you shoot. Makes it easier to pull them out.

·
Liv4Rut
7,332 Posts
I think I've had mine for 5 years and have not shot it out. It probably has 1000 shots in it and pretty much just one side. I use my bag target mostly at home but when I go hunting I throw the 18:1 in the truck for practice between hunts or in the headlights.

·
Registered
873 Posts
They are a great target....I do wish they'd make a larger one though. I'd like to buy the same target but more like a 20 or 24" version with some more spread out spots on it

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
This is gonna be my next 3d target as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts