Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke a rod on my Rhino XP-1 blind last Monday. I had originally bought the blind in 2013. Anyway on Wednesday evening I placed an order for a replacement rod, the cost was $24.99 which included shipping. This morning I received the new rod at the Post Office here in western Kansas. In my opinion, that is top notch customer service. I had broken a rod about 3 years ago as well, and received the same type of service. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
947 Posts
A few years ago I had a few rods break. Called them up and I had new rods at my door in a couple of days. Except then the rods were free.

·
Registered
18,151 Posts
I agree on the good service but maybe a bit steep for a single rod? 2 for that price seems fair? Shipping on that may be steep though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,967 Posts
A few years ago I had a few rods break. Called them up and I had new rods at my door in a couple of days. Except then the rods were free.
Yep, great customer service, but I had to give up on them as I found myself calling them every time I used my blind as every time a rod, hub, window, something would go wrong and I had 3 of them....

Moved on to Barronett’s OX series and couldn’t be happier. These things are of the same quality as blinds costing hundreds more....the OX5 has quickly become a family favorite and others are placing orders weekly.

Joe

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree on the good service but maybe a bit steep for a single rod? 2 for that price seems fair? Shipping on that may be steep though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did not think so at all. 2 days shipping in a tube, $24 sounded more than fair for a 5 year old blind. There was no shipping price on the tube. I have had 2 rods break in 6 seasons. Nothing else at all. On my old Double Bull I broke 1 rod and had a tear I had to repair in 10 seasons. I am convinced that most of the damage to blinds is user errors or they have been left out over night.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Hmm. We all have different opinions on what great customer service is.

·
Registered
285 Posts
24 dollars to ship one rod.? Two weeks ago I put out two doublebull deluxe blinds in different fields for the upcoming turkey season. This last weekend Wisconsin had a two day blizzard with 40 mph winds and 20+ inches of snow. Monday morning I went to check on the blinds. They both were buried and each one had two broken rods. Monday afternoon I called primos and told them I had broken four rods and they said that was covered under warranty and all I would have to pay was shipping. They said the rods come in packs of four so I ordered eight rods.They showed up at my house Thurs. afternoon and the bill was $23.67 One rod for 24.00 or eight rods for 23.67 I think I know which company I would rather buy a blind from.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I agree on great service. Ive had mine since 2012-2013(cant remember). Broke a rod in a heavy snowstorm in 2014. They sent me 2 for free. I have yet to break another, and it sits out 8 months of the year.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
24 dollars to ship one rod.? Two weeks ago I put out two doublebull deluxe blinds in different fields for the upcoming turkey season. This last weekend Wisconsin had a two day blizzard with 40 mph winds and 20+ inches of snow. Monday morning I went to check on the blinds. They both were buried and each one had two broken rods. Monday afternoon I called primos and told them I had broken four rods and they said that was covered under warranty and all I would have to pay was shipping. They said the rods come in packs of four so I ordered eight rods.They showed up at my house Thurs. afternoon and the bill was $23.67 One rod for 24.00 or eight rods for 23.67 I think I know which company I would rather buy a blind from.
Well they are a portable blind so I am not leaving mine up over night. A new Double Bull is over $400 and a new Rhino is $199 so I am still ahead with a better blind in my opinion. And it did not cost $24 to ship, that was the total price. Rhino does not have a lifetime warranty anymore, so I got exactly what they said I would. For the life of me, I can't understand how people expect a company to provide free service 5 years later for a $199 purchase. We buy used bows for over $500 and we don't get that, and I don't think people are leaving their used bows in the woods for 8 months at a time. Really, you want to complain over a lousy $24 or $199? C'mon Man!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
You can purchase a Doublebull Deluxe blind for around $225.00. The biggest issue w/ Rhino blinds is, they offered lifetime warranties for years & then the company was sold. The new company then changed the warranty to 1 year, even for previous owners. Pretty dirty business practice. I own 2 Primos blinds,1 is over 10 years old, the other is 4 years old, both of which are outdoors for at least 9 months a year & have never had an issue.

Well they are a portable blind so I am not leaving mine up over night. A new Double Bull is over $400 and a new Rhino is $199 so I am still ahead with a better blind in my opinion. And it did not cost $24 to ship, that was the total price. Rhino does not have a lifetime warranty anymore, so I got exactly what they said I would. For the life of me, I can't understand how people expect a company to provide free service 5 years later for a $199 purchase. We buy used bows for over $500 and we don't get that, and I don't think people are leaving their used bows in the woods for 8 months at a time. Really, you want to complain over a lousy $24 or $199? C'mon Man!

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
I actually agree with this statement. I have rhino blinds as well. I've broken rods but the blind was left out for months. If I'm a new owner of a company, I don't have to honor anything. it's my money. Lifetime warranty on a blind is ridiculous IMO. If you over pay like I believe you do on a Double bull, they have $100 or more to play with. Some times warranties are just piece or mind.

I"m a fisherman too, I run all St Croix rods. IMO there is no better rod on the market. THey are expensive but have a lifetime warranty on the stuff I buy. I believe they are over priced, but you just bought a rod with $100 in insurance basically.

I like the Rhino's, but I do like the barnett's also. I like the the Predator camo on the Rhino's. I hate most other blinds dark blob camo. I brush in my blinds so people can't see them. Most camo's you can't hide they are so hideous and dark.

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
You can purchase a Doublebull Deluxe blind for around $225.00. The biggest issue w/ Rhino blinds is, they offered lifetime warranties for years & then the company was sold. The new company then changed the warranty to 1 year, even for previous owners. Pretty dirty business practice. I own 2 Primos blinds,1 is over 10 years old, the other is 4 years old, both of which are outdoors for at least 9 months a year & have never had an issue.
I respectfully disagree. It's a $200 hunting blind, not a $1000 bow.

As for the guys breaking rods in blinds, I bought a hub style blind on craigslist for the rods. It was an ameristep, the cloth was all ripped up, I offered the guy $30, he wanted $50. I took all the rods and trashed the rest. I think I got 7 good rods out of that thing. i've replaced a few for my Rhino's and have few left. It may have been 10 rods i've salvaged, it was about 6 or 7 years ago now.

My buddy has a primos smack down. the windows aren't how I like them. it's not a bow friendly blind IMO.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So it's a dirty business practice to buy a company and run it they way you want? Seriously. When you shell out the coin to buy a business you do what you want with it. Not to please a tight wad on AT. Would you give a lifetime guarantee on blind that you sold for $199? If you can find me a Double Bull Deluxe for $225 I might buy it. Let me know where I can get one. They are not anywhere near that on Amazon.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about free. I have several different blinds and never had to pay for rod. Usually you get a couple at a time
Well I am not a beggar nor poor so I was more than happy to pay $24 and have a new rod 48 hours later. And their warranty does not specify free. They provided the service they claim and that is what I expect out of any company. Curious as to whether you have ever owned a Rhino Blind?

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Well I am not a beggar nor poor so I was more than happy to pay $24 and have a new rod 48 hours later. And their warranty does not specify free. They provided the service they claim and that is what I expect out of any company. Curious as to whether you have ever owned a Rhino Blind?
Not a begger either. Call the company say I broke a rod. Company person asks for my address rods show up next day not a penny spent. If they would have asked for money I would have paid. My point is I have never been asked to pay a penny for a rod.

I have owned a rhino blind until last year had for about 3 years. Ok blind. My zipper was broke when I pulled mine out of the box. It never got fixed after many phone calls piss poor/ horse [email protected]& customer service. Rhino screwed me and it sounds like they are still doing it to people.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Too little too late on this deal, but keep your eye out on other deals. They are out there. Purchased mine on Ebay. As far as the warranty concern, Oriiginal Rhino blinds were around $300.00, so what makes the New owners coin more valuable than the customer who gets shafted on the Lifetime warranty. As the saying goes, it is no big deal until it happens to you.
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/primos-double-bull-deluxe-with-double-wide-door.html

So it's a dirty business practice to buy a company and run it they way you want? Seriously. When you shell out the coin to buy a business you do what you want with it. Not to please a tight wad on AT. Would you give a lifetime guarantee on blind that you sold for $199? If you can find me a Double Bull Deluxe for $225 I might buy it. Let me know where I can get one. They are not anywhere near that on Amazon.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Too little too late on this deal, but keep your eye out on other deals. They are out there. Purchased mine on Ebay. As far as the warranty concern, Oriiginal Rhino blinds were around $300.00, so what makes the New owners coin more valuable than the customer who gets shafted on the Lifetime warranty. As the saying goes, it is no big deal until it happens to you.
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/primos-double-bull-deluxe-with-double-wide-door.html
You take that chance with every purchase you make. We don't get a lifetime warranty on a $50,000 pick up truck but we expect one on a $300 blind. No one is getting shafted on such a small purchase. It is a tiny amount of money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts