Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is left handed as well as his bow. I am upgrading his equipment and I am right handed. Strictly for tuning can I shot his bow right handed? I torque the bow and don't hold steady left handed.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
???

·
Prairie Ghost
1,950 Posts
Help him tune the bow. It could tune totally different for 2 different people. Even more so when you're shooting it righty. I'd get it centershot and then get it in his hands.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...All I wanna do for him is paper tune. Then I can do the rest with him. He can't get to the shop as often as I can.

·
Prairie Ghost
1,950 Posts
You'll likely get different tears than him. I'm a lefty and have tried basically what you're talking about. I get different tears shooting my LH bow right handed. You can play with it, but I'd expect to make changes when he get it. Don't expect it to be set in stone. But, you never know.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Well I have some first hand experience on this subject. I have a RH HCA bow that I bought new in 94. Summer of 95 my right eye gets smacked by a tire tool. No more shooting RH for me. So, I let my father in law use the bow. Last winter I got the bow back from him (the string had been changed, but neither the sights nor rest were touched since I shot it last in 94. I shoot the bow as well if not better as I did RHed, and it hit to the same POI. FWIW, after about 500-600 shots the bow was out of tune badly. Also, wore the hush tubes on the rest pretty bad. Maybe shooting it LHed wore the tubes quicker, dont know. But, in any case it shoots the same RH or LH for me.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THanks I will give it a shot and see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts