Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a QAD ultra on my 06 ally... Static set the kock and centershot... Shot at a verticle string out to [email protected] had 2 of 3 arrows touching the string (walkback I think they call it)... Shot it through paper @about 5 yds and keep getting a inch and a quarter right tear.. I moved the rest in and out ... Didnt seem to make any real improvement... Shot through paper @4 feet still right tear... 9 yds and bullethole's...19 yds and bullet hole's...6yds right tear.. I know that flight will stabilize the arrow... But am a scratching my head here..... Setup is... 06 ally 60lbs 27draw 353 arrow weight 4" right helical vanetech.. nock set @ leveland a big ol right tear... Also I put a nock on the rest cord to help keep it down out of the way... Pleas help. Drop

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If you're getting vertical strings of arrows at 35 yds using walkback tuning, go with that. Disregard the paper tuning. You're already getting the desired effect of vertical arrow drop. Paper tuning will just make you pull your hair out at this point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts