Archery Talk Forum banner

Right tear, what to do?????

488 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bponb
Setup:
Z28, 65#, 28" draw shooting 28" Victory Vforce 4560 (.400 spine),loop, 100 gr. broadhead.

I keep getting a tail right tear no matter how far I move the rest or raise or lower the nock point. I am thinking I may be underspined or need to go to a 125 gr. broadhead. Used foot powder to make sure I have no fletching contact.

What are your guys thoughts.

Thanks in advance. BPONB
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,217 Posts
must be a spine issue, increase tip weight and see if it gets better or worse. Or, put some CX 250 Maxima 3D selects though it and watch the bullet holes start to apear.

· Registered
320 Posts
nice akbowhunter, but i think you are underspined, and maybe akbowhunter is right try a different arrow not necessarily Carbon Express, i know he is a little bias.

· im not NOT licking toads.
7,992 Posts
must be a spine issue, increase tip weight and see if it gets better or worse. Or, put some CX 250 Maxima 3D selects though it and watch the bullet holes start to apear.
250 maxima's are also .400 spine
dont see how they would tear bullets and not his current arrows ???

but back to the question at hand............

i say you are slightly underspined...

i see you are a 28" draw ,
you should be able to cut your arrows
down to 26.25"-26.5" depending on your rest.

or try a lighter tip

this will probably get you to the stiffness that you need.

i shoot 26.5" .400 spines with 100gn tip,
at 64# and 28" draw and fp and bh hit together.

· Registered
209 Posts
tail right

I put new cams, string, and cables on mine. After about 100 shots I paper tuned. I had an 1 1/2" tail right tear. I moved my rest as far left as I could and got bullet holes. I then walked back tuned from 10 to 40 yards, it was good. Then I broadhead tuned, at 20 yards I was 6" left and 4" low with my broadheads compared to field points. I had to move my rest 9 clicks right, and 6 clicks up to hit the same spot, it was close at 30 yards. At 40 yards broadheads were hitting 2" left of field points, moved rest 1 click right. now they hit the same spot out to 60 yards. I went back and paper tuned, I have a little tail right tear. Paper tuning gets you a close starting point.

· Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

I think I will try and cut my arrows down to 27" and give them a shot.

Can't really get into shooting as the misquitos are thicker than molassas at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.