Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old phone was a flip phone and I loved it. It had gone through the washer in a pair of jeans twice. I pulled it out after the spin cycle and it worked! My son took it in the pool and took selfies. In short it was an awesome phone. It was also over ten years old. Because of the change from 3g to 4g it could not receive texts from some newer phones. That info came from Verizon btw. So I was forced into a new phone. Settled on an IPhone. I hate the ringtones that come on the phones. I found a site that downloads bird calls so I had birds like turkeys, nuthatches, chickadees, whip or wills, owls, etc. on that phone. I always used them so when I was hunting and got texts or calls it wouldn't scare game away. With 3 kids turning my phone off wasn't an option and sometimes I wouldn't feel the vibrate mode. So I cant find that site any more and was wondering if anyone knows of one for me. I checked out the Istore but honestly they don't sound all that realistic. Any ideas?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And it is hunting related because I used the bird call ringtones as a way to have my ringer turned on while hunting and still not scare game away.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Had the same problem with IPhone 5. Always worked great until I was hunting this year in the middle of no where in NW Missouri. Could get texts. But my phone wouldn’t receive calls nor could I make a call. Talked with Verizon and was told it was because that phone wouldn’t connect to 4glte network. Anyways got a new iPhone 8 and have problems downloading ringtones. Read on some forums that there were issues downloading on new phone.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Try 'ZEDGE' and do a search. They have thousands of free ringtones of all kinds.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
On my android I had turkey,elk and birds it was a app that you downloaded. And I used them just for the same reason hunting. Now I have a iPhone 8 and have not looked but now you got my interested again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zedge isn't working on my 6 either but then again I'm not very much of a techno wiz!

·
Registered
748 Posts
This is somewhat unrelated but if you want a really cool ring tone and can access zedge ; type in "pulp fiction-AK47" My favorite ring tone of all times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts