Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the problem in replacing the cord,no one wants to touch it!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I've done it once and was really simple. I think the original rip cord may have been different and harder so that's where most of the horror stories come from.

·
HillsideCustomSlings, LLC
13,460 Posts
Very easy to do

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
I think Youtube has some how to's

·
Registered
117 Posts
Definitely go to youtube. I am not mechanically inclined at all and accomplished a cord change. Getting it through the little hole can be a PITA but once you do it only takes a second to finish.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ya-all dealer says has to go back to the manufacturer?

·
The Foam Collector
2,323 Posts
I know BCY d-loop cord is the right size also. Changed several and nothing to it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Absolutely not. That dealer needs to quit selling rip-cord if they can't change the cord. It is a 10 min job.....20 if you drop a screw in the carpet.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Absolutely not. That dealer needs to quit selling rip-cord if they can't change the cord. It is a 10 min job.....20 if you drop a screw in the carpet.
WAYYYYY too funny.

Very simple job, just take your time, and don't do it over carpet.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I'll do it on the carpet verses over hardwood floor that bounces and rolls that little booger into the next galaxy under Yoda's lazyboy.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've had mine for four years and cord looks fine. What is happening that you guys have to replace the cords, and how long does the original cord usually last?

·
Banned
685 Posts
\
Agreed

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
changed mine over to a blue cord over the weekend. It was a piece of cake. Watch the videos on youtube. Make sure you keep a hand on the sideplate when you loosen the allen bolts on the side because it is spring loaded. Thats the only thing remotely difficult. The BCY d loop rope is the perfect size.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts