Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my stuff was shooting bullets and started shooting like crap. I know for sure my release has an issue (Started spraying arrows 6-8 inces off of target, changed release and that went away), but now Im thinking my rip cord has one as well. Was doing some walkback tuning, every few shots one gets sent into no mans land. Went to load an arrow and the rest was still cocked in the up position. The timing on the cord seems to be right. Is this a common problem as a rip cord gets used?
Thanks

·
Hucklebuck’s
13,993 Posts
Well my stuff was shooting bullets and started shooting like crap. I know for sure my release has an issue (Started spraying arrows 6-8 inces off of target, changed release and that went away), but now Im thinking my rip cord has one as well. Was doing some walkback tuning, every few shots one gets sent into no mans land. Went to load an arrow and the rest was still cocked in the up position. The timing on the cord seems to be right. Is this a common problem as a rip cord gets used?
Thanks
not heard of that but i had timing problems it had to do with the chord not being achored low enough

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
If the rest is in the up position, You have a timing issue. You should be able to lock the launcher up, draw the bow, and the launcher should fall when you let down.

My guess is that you are very close and just need to tighten the cord a little more. When you draw the bow, the rest should come up between 1 and 2 inches before full draw.

Hope this helps,

Chuck

·
Registered
944 Posts
I had to have my ripcord rebuilt last year because it wouldn't drop upon release. The shop owner knows a guy that is great with that kind of stuff and he tore it apart and there was something broke inside so the guy fixed it for me. My shop said he has had a few the last couple years with the same problem.

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
I had to have my ripcord rebuilt last year because it wouldn't drop upon release. The shop owner knows a guy that is great with that kind of stuff and he tore it apart and there was something broke inside so the guy fixed it for me. My shop said he has had a few the last couple years with the same problem.
if you keep having problems, i gurantee they will fix it or give you a new one.

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
My shop has seen this many times. . . . . he doesn't like to sell them because of this, but people keep insisting on them. Hopefully they fix the problem with the new 2010 model.

·
Registered
965 Posts
If the rest is in the up position, You have a timing issue. You should be able to lock the launcher up, draw the bow, and the launcher should fall when you let down.

My guess is that you are very close and just need to tighten the cord a little more. When you draw the bow, the rest should come up between 1 and 2 inches before full draw.

Hope this helps,

Chuck
x2

this has happened to me, and the cord might have slipped ever so slightly (or stretched). Just pull it a C-Hair tighter and you should be good.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
They are definitely a little touchy. I have been playing with my setup and have to change the rest 3 or 4 times. Each time I have had to just slightly tweek it tighter and eventually I get the right spot...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
at full draw how far below the arrow does the football need to be

·
<--- Finally!!
2,537 Posts
forget the football

just thread the string through your cable about 2"- 3" below the arrow. pull back and where the string stops is where to serve it in. i have used this method on at least a half dozen bows and never had to re-adjust them yet.

Also, ripcord took care of the not dropping problem over a year ago.

If all else fails, contact them and they will fix it or replace it. they have some of the best customer service out there.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
rip cord

sounds like the football moved.. happened to us just needed to move it a little and was just like new again.... good rest.\ when working right good luck..:thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts