Archery Talk Forum banner

Rip Cord

600 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  edwarjs4
Hello fellow At'ers I have a Bear Lights Out with a rip cord. It Is shooting very accurately but I've noticed some wear marks on my rip cord and on my fletching where the arrow is dragging when the fork falls and the fletching crosses the fork. How do I adjust this?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,277 Posts
I had a ripcord and had the same problem and it was how I had my cord length adjusted. I would call ripcord and have them explain it to you. they are great to deal with on the phone and will talk you through it.

Take care

· Registered
85 Posts
The problem that you are having is that the rest isn't dropping down fast enough.

How do you have the RIPCORD attached to your down bus cable? If you have one of those football type attachments, you can loosen it, pull about 1/8" of cord through, and tighten it up again. Keep tightening the cord until the rest comes up 2-3 inches from full draw. It should drop fast enough for you then.

I just set this same rest up on my bow last week and went through the same process!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.