Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ripcord camo arrow rest ('05 model) and I'm concerned about fletching contact. I switched from vanes (due to slight contact with the ripcord rest prongs) to feathers. My feather fletchings are 4 inch right helicals. Should the cock vane be in the upright (12 o'clock) or downward (6 o'clock) position?

Also, after arrow release, the rest strikes the bow shelf exactly horizontally. Should I reposition the rest and raise it so that it meets the bow shelf on a slight downward position after arrow release? My bow is a Mathews FX, 65lb. pull weight @ 29" draw length, 27" ICS 340 & 400 arrows, and I use a Cobra mechanical release.

I think timing of the ripcord fall may be an issue. I'm not sure if the release is fully up after the cocked position @ 1-2" before full draw. I'm thinking it is fully up long before I reach the wall @ full draw.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I shoot cock vane up, mine hits flat to the riser shelf too on a Mathew Switchback XT. When cocked, your arrow should bisect the berger hole, approximately. Once you get it setup you will love it. Put moles skin one the forks and the shelf.

RD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts