Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a used ripcord. It seems to shoot great, but I was wondering what the difference is between my older model, ad the new code red? Just the launcher arm?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
The "Code Red" has an anti bounce back feature to keep the launcher down upon release. That's about it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
The code reds have the internal brake to help eliminate bounce back.
In my oppinion, I like the original Ripcords better ........ in fact just got another one to put on my Z7.

·
Registered
23,289 Posts
I have an older Ripcord on my primary shooter and just put a Code Red on my hunting bow. As mentioned, the internal brake feature is new to the Code Red, plus the launcher is padded with a very soft, quiet material. My older Ripcord sometimes squeeks with the moleskin we put on, but the Code Red is absolutely silent.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I have been using Ripcords for over five years. Right now I have a new original and Code Red and like them both. I don't see a big different between them. Mel

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
You can order the newer launcher arm from Ripcord and put it on the older model ripcords. I've never had an issue with "bounceback" on the older models, but the upgraded launcher is nicer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts