Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i lock the rest up, and draw, when i get toward the end of my draw, the rest kinds moves and makes a small thud (maybe the lock disengaguing???), is this normal. is the sound just noticable to me since i'm so close. i'd hate to have an animal real close hear it when i draw.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a older Ripcord and it is as smooth as can be...no jump. But I was at an archery shop the other day and test shot a bow with a new Ripcord on it and it did exactly the same thing as you are seeing. I don't know if this is normal or not, but i didn't like it either.

Sorry this did not answer your question, just had the same thing happen to me.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tested it without locking it up a few minutes ago and with locking it up. it only happens when it's up. so i came to the conclution that its the locking mechanism releasing. this is my fault, i wanted to save a few bucks. i should have just spent more and got the g5 expert ll. i have one on my other bow and i like it a lot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have 4 rip cord arrow rests. 1 does exactly what your talking about. It is the one on my target bow. It in no way effects the arrow flight or how accuratly I shoot the bow. If it really annoys you rip cord has really good customer service and I am sure they would be willing to work with you. The ripcord is a really good rest for any type of shooting. I hope you get it how you want it. Oh as to your other question about is it loud or is it just you. I would say it is just that you have noticed it and it bothers you. If your standing more than a couple of feet away you cant here it on mine.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, it shoots just fine. i just don't like the thud sound that it makes. maybe i have to internally adjust it or call ripcord for a replacement. can it even be adjusted internally?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I have 4 rip cord arrow rests. 1 does exactly what your talking about. It is the one on my target bow. It in no way effects the arrow flight or how accuratly I shoot the bow. If it really annoys you rip cord has really good customer service and I am sure they would be willing to work with you. The ripcord is a really good rest for any type of shooting. I hope you get it how you want it. Oh as to your other question about is it loud or is it just you. I would say it is just that you have noticed it and it bothers you. If your standing more than a couple of feet away you cant here it on mine.
I would call them. I don't like rests that make noise for hunting. I can't hear it thunder, but deer and other animals can. If it sounds the least bit mechanical they may be put on alert.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have had mine on my bow for about a month and it does the same thing. If i draw slow at the end the sound is minimal. I wish it did not do that but i am not sure it is going to make a difference.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just got off the phone with ripcord. they told me this travel is normal. somethng to do with the spring and the design to make the new rests drop faster than the old rest.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
I have two. One does it, and one doesn't, and it's a light little click on mine. Either way, I don't see it effecting my hunting.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scrapping the ripcord and going back to the g5 expert ll. ripcord cost me a deer yesterday. late season and cold with no wind. so quiet you can hear a pin drop. deer at 7 yards heard the rest when it jumped. the deer came head on so i couldn't draw earlier like i wanted and like hunting, you never know what can happen. i shot a buck last year same deal. only i had the g5 and shot the buck. would not suggest this rest unless they get the jump out. if it were fall and slight breeze would not have been a problem. no more chances for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts