Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are some of you guy's setting the cord timing on a ripcord rest? I saw nothing on the ripcord website to show how to set up their rest.

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
Go to youtube. There are some videos on there that are good to watch and can make it easier to understand.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Burdog

Funny you should ask, as I recently installed mine. The instructions are not very explicit and can only offer you my approach to setup the Ripcord Rest timing.

In my case it was the choice of using what they call the football to attach the cord to the cable.

Once rest was mounted my next object was to secure the rest string to the cable using the supplied football, as they called it. Because my bow cables come close together I opted for a point just far enough away so no contact should occur between cables.
Now using that football is a royal pain in the nether region and required some fiddling to get it assembled with bow cable and string positioned inside.

Once I managed that I didn’t really clamp the football tight and left most of the rest string hanging out towards the rest. Then by making small adjustments say ¼” at a time I watch as the string tightened when I did a full draw. When I got close I reduced my string adjustments to say around 1/8” and then one 1/16” until my timing for setting the release on the rest was occurring at full draw. I made sure that once this point was reached I did it numerous times to sort of ensure it would work every time. Then made sure my football clamp was tightened.
Don’t know if this is the best way to do it or not but it worked just fine.

Don’t know if this is any help to you but here is a picture of my final setup also showing the amount of excess string left over.

Ed

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
I never liked those football cable holders very much. They tend to slip. I usually run it through the middle of the cable and serve both sides.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks you guy's. So are you putting just enough tension on the cord to get the rest to lock in the full up position? at say the last 1/2 to 1 inch of draw?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey thanks you guy's. So are you putting just enough tension on the cord to get the rest to lock in the full up position? at say the last 1/2 to 1 inch of draw?
Not quite. The rest is flipped up manually and remains up before placing an arrow in it. Yeah about the last 1/2" unlocks the rest but is still supported in the upright position by the string. If you flip the rest up and tug on the string, slowly release the string you'll be able to see how it actually operates.

Sorry I wasn't more explicit in my earlier post.

Ed

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not quite. The rest is flipped up manually and remains up before placing an arrow in it. Yeah about the last 1/2" unlocks the rest but is still supported in the upright position by the string. If you flip the rest up and tug on the string, slowly release the string you'll be able to see how it actually operates.

Sorry I wasn't more explicit in my earlier post.

Ed
I appreciate your help. Trying to fugure out the Ripcord for a friend of mine. I shoot the Qad HD which sets up a little different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts