Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some honest feedback of ripcord SOS any and all is appreciated. One question I have also is when setting up can u adjust timing via set screw on rest or do you have to do it with cord at the cable?

·
can I shoot it?
17,476 Posts
Had one on a motive 7, really liked it. Looking to get another. To me the best of both worlds. Limb driven, yet full containment, plus its already loaded into the "up" position allowing the arrow to stay off the shelf.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How was cock vane clearance seems like they could have made containment bar curved or at least higher

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
So far mine has been preforming well, my only gripe with it is that once you come to full draw the rest will drop when you let down even if you let down slow. I wish it would stay up unless the shot happened but, its a minor gripe and won't stop me from using the rest.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you loosen set screw and pull cord to set timing or do you have to do it at the cable of the bow?

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
Here is how they set it, there really isn't any timing involved it comes up the second the cable comes up and the cable pulls the rest down and out of the way at the last second so the fletching clears. That is the beauty of rests that use the upward traveling cable on draw.

·
Registered
14,515 Posts
I have one had it installed limb driven. When setting it with the push button for it to go up when you draw the bow you can feel the rest engage. Feels funky. Also the way the cord attaches it does get very close to your hand. Not much clearance there.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was thinking about how this rest works and got me wondering does the cable actually pull the flipper down or is is just flipping a trigger? And rest is coming down by power of a spring if its just hitting trigger than its technically no different than other drop sways that use down cable

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang might have to go with smack down I want it to be pulled down by cable just seems fool proof if cable is pulling it down

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Was thinking about how this rest works and got me wondering does the cable actually pull the flipper down or is is just flipping a trigger? And rest is coming down by power of a spring if its just hitting trigger than its technically no different than other drop sways that use down cable
I think it does pull down on the flipper. The barrel kinda pops out when you hit the button, and when you draw it pushes back out. Not 100% sure though, but I'm starting to like it more than my limbdrivers which says alot. I have mine set up on the bottom limb as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.