Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Yes what would you like to know it set up in no time mine shoots great. If U look thru my threads you can see it on my BT Experience.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Could someone explain the point in this. I thought the whole point in a drop away was to get it away from the arrow quick.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Your arrow still needs to be stabilized before it goes out of the bow heck you do not even notice it holding the arrow up longer. I have had mine for 2 weeks it has not missed a beat. Of coarse after 50 to 100 shots according to Ripcord check your cord for stretch. If it stretched loosen football and pull cord then tighten the football. Take a shot to check your timing and impact point.

·
Registered
575 Posts
did you have to make a lefty a righty or anything like that scotty? or can a guy run it this way out of the package ?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am very interested as well. I purchased one directly from Ripcord yesterday and should be getting it in within a week so I am torn, lower control cable or lower limb install. Any preferences and if so WHY? Also I purchased one of the original Code reds and the string installed in the rest required changing within the first week, did ripcord use better string on this one? If not what kind of string do I need to replace this with? Last time was like 2009 and I wasn't into doing anything myself, but the Archery shop I used then said it was common and that Ripcord recommended some kind of string and he swapped it, and I never had another issue with it. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the original Ripcord and love it. When I go to replace it this year(just because) it will be the new Ripcord for sure.

If I were to recommend a new Ripcord based on past experience I would say go with the Code Red....UNLESS you are shooting low draw weights or have a long DL, otherwise I dont think the SOS will benefit much over the Code Red. Unless I have missed it, the SOS still connects to a cable...

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Could someone explain the point in this. I thought the whole point in a drop away was to get it away from the arrow quick.
Ripcord has addressed the very reason I will only use a limbdriven rest. With a cable driven rest, the rest is on the shelf, out of the way as soon as your string has moved forward 2-3 inches. it's good that its not in the way. But bad that it isn't guiding your arrow anymore. Limb driven rests and this new sos stay up supporting your arrow until the last second and are then pulled out of the arrows path just in time for clearance.

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
I have one and it's a good rest. Lock it up like a QAD, or shoot it from the down position.
No let down feature though.

Quiet and the best Ripcord I've tried to date. I have only shot it in the bottom limb attachment configuration, but it is a solid quiet rest.

·
Archery
10,493 Posts
Never was a fan of how youc*cked the arrows with these rested so I've stayed away. But never had any other problem with them.

🎯

·
Registered
324 Posts
I will say letting down is a challenge, but other than that you cant beat a RipCord.

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
Also I purchased one of the original Code reds and the string installed in the rest required changing within the first week, did ripcord use better string on this one? If not what kind of string do I need to replace this with? Last time was like 2009 and I wasn't into doing anything myself, but the Archery shop I used then said it was common and that Ripcord recommended some kind of string and he swapped it, and I never had another issue with it. Thanks in advance
Thats crazy. First ive heard of that. Ive had the same ripcord on three different bows with the original cord. I think i bought it in 08 or 09. I dont think there will be a problem with these.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thats crazy. First ive heard of that. Ive had the same ripcord on three different bows with the original cord. I think i bought it in 08 or 09. I dont think there will be a problem with these.
Me too. I bought my rest in 08' and havent had to do anything to it

·
Registered
513 Posts
Me too. I bought my rest in 08' and havent had to do anything to it
Weird, maybe it was something else to it, like the way the Archery shop installed it, or the bow? It was originally installed on a Bowtech Destroyer 340

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have the extra SOS for sale actually. $75 and it's yours.
I am going to start following you around, everything I buy you are selling weeks after I buy new lol. I need to be put on your hand me down list lol

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
The Ripcord website only seems to indicate the SOS gets connected to the UP cable (at least that I can find), but people are saying they use it connected to the lower limb too? Is there a difference in how it performs that way, since it is supposed to stay up longer already?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have one and it's a good rest. Lock it up like a QAD, or shoot it from the down position.
No let down feature though.

Quiet and the best Ripcord I've tried to date. I have only shot it in the bottom limb attachment configuration, but it is a solid quiet rest.
I just got mine in the mail today and just playing with it in my hands it seems WEIRD. Exactly opposite of the earlier rip cords. I ordered this for a bow that I bought off here this weekend and has not yet arrived so I haven't been able to play much with it, but I am seriously curious how this works. It seems as though it stays up at rest, which should equate to fletchings going through the launcher arm thus creating a bad shot. Only time will tell for sure but I am really wandering if it's broke or not lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts