• Limbdriver

Votes: 52 34.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which rest is best QAD HD, Ripcord Code Red, or Limbdriver?

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
:moviecorn

·
Registered
102 Posts
I out a Code Red on my MX2 it worked very well, then transferred it to my Maxxis 31, It still works very well. I looked at a QAD, wanted one, got a way better deal on the Red.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Limb driver

The Limbdriver has no choice but get outta the way and it is very easy to setup and adjut in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
QAD HD is the best no doubt

·
Registered
892 Posts
Limb driver

Buy far the most consistent drop away rest I have ever used. It also has minimal if any bounce back. Each to their own but so far LD is the ticket for me.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,380 Posts
QAD ultra pro hd. They work well for how I hunt!

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Haven't had a problem with my Ripcord. Likewise, my wife hasn't had any problems with her QAD HD.

:izza:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Haven't had a problem with my Ripcord. Likewise, my wife hasn't had any problems with her QAD HD.

:izza:
That's because all three are great rests... with the overall edge to the RIPCORD. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Haven't tried Ripcord Red but QAD felt cheap to me so I went with Limbdriver. Haven't regretted it one bit. Simple, no cable tuning and nearly "bulletproof".

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
Cavalier Avalanche.

Especially with newest whale tail launcher. Couple that with the Sims shelf pad and arrow holder..... Golden!!!

`

·
Registered
43 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

I voted QAD HD, But that is my second choice. I have trophy Taker Fall aways on all my bows including my daughters the best never rests. Trophy Takers new rest will be on our bows as soon as the Lefties ship.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
For hunting I like the QAD because of the containment it offers even on a letdown. I've had more than one occasion I've had to let down and draw again on a deer and I don't want the arrow falling off or having to reset the rest before I draw again. If only target shooting, the limb driver will probably give you the best clearance and the fastest drop. I'm primarily a hunter so I use QAD on my bow. They are a little hassle to set up but once set, they work great.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
For hunting I like the QAD because of the containment it offers even on a letdown. I've had more than one occasion I've had to let down and draw again on a deer and I don't want the arrow falling off or having to reset the rest before I draw again.
Same here. Qad Pro for me! Ripcord cost me an 8 pointer due to having to let down then it fell off the shelf.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Limbdriver

This is my first limbdriver, no complaints, but really haven't had any complaints about other rests either. Tuned quickly set up quickly. It's nice.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I can't speak for the Limbdriver but everyone I know that has one... loves it!

However, I have shot the QAD HD rest on my last 3 rigs and recently put the Ripcord Code Red on my Z7. Thus far, I have to admit that I like the Ripcord more than the QAD. The Code Red seems like it's a better built rest and also has a more positive and faster fall, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Ripcord is an ok rest. I have two of them. One of them, an '09 is not my favorite. They designed what they called a "double tap" into the rest that IMHO ruined them for me.

Another complaint is that their fork design sounds like a tuning fork when you draw an arrow in the damp weather. Lost too many deer to that sound. I would use everything imaginable..felt..mole skin..electrical tape (which actually worked, but looked like hell, and always fell off.) Many brands of arrows also, so it wasn't a particular arrow brand.

The new Code Red launchers do it also, happened to me the other morning in the driveway, while using that red felt.

That's why I went with the Qad on my new bow, and I want to replace the others with Qads now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts