Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Walmart the other day,:D I seen these stabilizer " donuts" for a little over $8.00 so I bought one:) . It is made out of a very soft rubber and has lots of ribs and "spokes" and looked like it would help reduce noise. I remember that on my BowTech, there was a threaded hole on the bottom portion of the riser and I thought it would be a good place to mount one of these donuts. I got it all done except for anodizing and tried it out with good results. Sometime when I get more time, I'm going to fire up the lathe again and make a pair of cylinders to go under the limb bolts to mount these donuts like the Sims NV system. I'll have to watch for these "donuts" when Walmart has their clearance sale this winter. Here's a pic:D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kinda looks like a sand buggy tire huh:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
GI,

Looks good! :) I am assuming you turned out the aluminum to put the rubber around. What section did you find these little guys hiding in?? Looks like a slick idea you have going keep the pictures coming. ;)

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is one of the cylinders without the rubber "donut".

Attachments

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
actually you could take and put them in where the limbbolts go and it would help out even better than where you have them now. just set the donuts on the limbolts you need a press for this and then bolt thr cylinder to the limbbolt and you have what they call a nv system only for a lot less than what the nv's normally go for and it will help with both vibration and hand shock and will decrease your string noise. just find a pic of a nitro from pse one of the top end bows and you will see how they work good luck
rob k

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed a good bit of difference when I moved the Vibra Blocks from the limb fork area to the limb pockets and this thing I made has helped also. this leads me to believe that most bows could benefit from some sort of dampning at the limb pockets and limb bolt area. Rubber is a very good thing to add on your bow!! My Pat DC was pretty quiet before but I'm always looking for ways to make my hunting bow quieter:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts