Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the Bandit Chain on? I like the idea of the chain vs the belt. I'm always worried about something chewind through the belt.

The stands are going to be placed well in advance of the season, so noise, weight, ease of use, and convience aren't really that important. They will be left for the whole season.

How stable is the chain vs the belt?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I personally prefer the strap over the chain style. Much quieter in the woods. Much easier (in my opinion) to hang and to tighten on the tree. I've never had a problem with anything chewing through the strap - they prefer the seat foam by me.

Good hunting.

·
Custom callmaker
3,527 Posts
I like you prefer the chain for stands spending most the year in the woods. Hang and then ratchet tight.

But go for the bigfoot, the bandit is a touch small. Seat and platform. Unless you have no fear. But when the bucks coming in and a bow in hand, you really can't use the tree for support, and I for one prefer the larger platform.

But the price is a steal. I would sell ya mine but for the price I couln't ship it to ya.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My nephew bought one of these because they were relativly inexpensive. What we found is that they are relativly unstable. He still needed to use a strap to stapilize the platform. In addition the stand was small and the seat uncomfortable. After 1 season he would not use it and wanted to toss it out. Needles to say a took it and addeded it to my collection. I will put it out this year, some place I do not plan on hunting for any great length of time in one sitting that way I can stand or better yet a place that is more prone to a stand walking away. That way if it disapears I am not so upset

I might use it as a spare, but I would not buy one!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
save your money up for a couple more weeks and get something more worth while. I have had 2 terrible Rivers Edge stands, one sent me to the hospital last season

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I have 2 RE Bandit chain ons. Very stable when you put a strap down at the bottom and the seat and platform are plenty big for me......I'm 6' 190lbs. I did have a problem with one though. The expanded metal on the platform bubbled up and made a noise when you shifted your weight. A little welding and it's fixed now. They've both been great since then. I can't complain much for 50 bucks.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I have two bandits with chains and a litefoot with a strap. The only downside to a chain is noise setting it up, but you can rubber dip it to quiet this down. they are also a touch on the heavy side, but if you are hanging and leaving, then there is no issue with either of these.

I have not used the strap to tighten to the tree, and the bandit can be a bit of a challenge to get solid on some trees, just takes a little fidgeting with it. You have to get all four contact points (two on seat, two on platform) to touch the tree and then its VERY solid. Seats are comfy and flip right up. Bandit is NOT built for really long legs, the seat is a touch low. I am 6'2" and its close to to low for me. The only other thing on a bandit I would change is the way the cables connect from under the seat to the platform. they come out at angles and if you have big feet or are wearing bulky boots in the winter, they can get in the way.

For the money, in my opinion, they are the best around.

--Bob

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the tips/suggestions.

I actually got to see the bandit in person yesterday and the first thing that struck me was the base of the stand right next to the tree. With the cables attached there, it looks like it takes up a lot of the space there. I think I am going to get the Bigfoot, although I like the lower seat on the bandit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.