Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
32,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have taken RVs around the country to dealers the past several years and especially out west the deer road kills are unreal. I've seen dead deer strung along the highway every couple of miles and some with fawns. It tears your heart out to see that! Now, antelope are different, very seldom ever see one of them killed but deer are splattered all over the highway by 18 wheelers mostly I think because of the violent way they die.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Remmy,
I read an article last year that stated in Texas on Interstate 10 between Kerrville and Fort Stockton (probably a three hour stretch of highway) there are THREE THOUSAND deer hit and killed every year my motorist. I own hunting property in Rocksprings, Texas which is about a 1.5 hour drive from Kerrville and I can tell you in the last two years on Hwy 41 and 377 I have seen several dead deer that have been hit by cars and pickups because there are not alot of 18 wheelers travelling that route. It is sad indeed and dangerous as well.

TEXAS

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Road kill is how I know when the rut is comin or is here. I have been lucky enough not to hit one yet. Been close though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.