Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know no one is going to believe me as I tell this story, but I am truly telling the truth and the guys with me will verify every word I speak here. On station number 6 the guy before me put a good 35 yard shot on a standing bear. When I got up to shoot I told him I was aiming for his arrow, not to be a jerk for sure, but just for the fact he was in the right area. I ended up Robin Hooding his arrow!! I called the shot and executed a little too perfectly. Like a hole in one, there were 4 of us shooting together. This is my second Robin Hood in my life (one at home during practice) and now this one. I have heard 3D can get brutal with Robin Hooding other guys arrows, but is there anyone who actually called their shot before hand? (Steve even let me keep his arrow and I did offer to pay for it).

·
NC ASA Director
36,079 Posts
Nice shot.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going yard!! I like it!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dad always liked to try to shot my arrows. So I said I was going to shot his and I nailed it. I've shot one into my dads and one into my brothers and 4 my self one I shot on xmas day and one the week before.Im also 16 years old

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What would you guys say if someone called their shot and ended up Robin Hooding someone's arrow? Happy, funny or p-off?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Haha I was thinking the same thing about "The Great Bambino" calling his shot! LOL congrats!

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
And you always keep the arrow you tubed!! And you don't pay for it!! That's part of the game!! It can happen at any time and to anyone. After you have 20-30 Robin Hoods, you will pull those suckers apart and see if YOUR arrow is ok to shoot!! After about my 10th "hood" I asked myself how many of these things do I need!?? Now they come apart and hopefully I have an arrow I can still shoot!!

Nice shot!!! I would keep that one!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Nice shot. I robin hooded one of my buddy's arrows at a 3D. It was a 25yd coyote. He pinwheeled it and I told him I was going after his arrow. Smash, robinhood! I drove his arrow right into the target. You couldn't see any of his arrow except out the other side. If you looked from the top of the target, it looked like one heck of a long arrow.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is another picture after I pulled my arrow out of Steve's. OOPS!! :mg:

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
i did the same to a buddies arrow at a local shoot here, 45 yard moose and his arrow was just lit up perfectly. i told him i was gonna split his arrow, the last thing he said before i shot was that it was impossible to split an x cutter with a pin nock, needless to say i shove the bushing half way down his arrow lol

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Now thats a Robin Hood..aiming for it and hitting it...top shot !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Great shootin' Should have kept it though I means more then any otherone because you called it LOL! Great Shot Though I have 2 myself actually 2 in the last 6 months they are fun to get but get expensive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts