Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
mbuck said:
How many of you have done this while shooting at your 3 d target?
DONE WHAT?? I see nothing! Surely you dont' expect me to jump to your forum to see something!?! Let's see it! Myself I try not to shoot the same spot twice for fear of this or even grazing another arrow! Then again shooting goldtips without a lottery sized bank account who would!!! Now if I was sponsered by an arrow manufactuer and or just didn't care about replacing them, SO BE IT!! Still lets see it!! not a link to another site!!!!

Steve "the wildman" white

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Welcome to AT mbuck.
Use to love them robin hoods but soon found out that they are an expense I couldn't afford in my arrows.
Pretty cool but after you get a few to hang up you get kinda leery.
Some guys on here awhile back had a triple robin hood! Now THAT was a heck of a sight to behold! You might still find the pic if you do a search.
Jerry

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I have only had one. It was on a 3-d deer at 23 yds at an archery shoot. Shot a buddies arrow. It was kind of funny. But it needs to be expected. I sent a Fatboy 400 right through his cxl linejammer. Funny thing was, we were just talking about how tough each of the arrows were the previous target because he busted my nock out. :D (don't think it was done intentional, I am not that good)!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
the first few are cool but you start avoiding them after that.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
soaker2000 said:
the first few are cool but you start avoiding them after that.
I have relized over a few times that Robin hoods or glances usually end up in 10 or 8's and they should have been 11 and 10's. :confused:
That small infraction changes a lot of things on arrow flight, at that instance of a hit. Hopefully it sticks but if it does not it usually ends bad for you!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Robin Hoods

The first few are cool but, after that that kinda stuff gets expensive. The inexpensive side is about $12.00 bucks everytime you do that. Shoot expensive arrows and the price of being cool is really high.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Spec's on one of my RH's:

Year: 1992
Bow: Jennings Carbon Extreme, #84 @28", 4" Overdraw
Speed: Above 300fps
Arrows: AFC 2400 cut at 25 &1/2 from BOP to Nock Throat
Release Aid: Cobra Caliper
Distance to target: 20 yards
Number of shots into target at time of RH: One

Note: At 20 yards, my "ultra-short/ ultra-stiff AFC 2400's were flying like the "proverbial bullet" The ability to PERFECTLY dead-center another arrow is pretty cool. Yes, expensive, I think back in 1992 AFC Carbons were close to $5 apiece!!

Nock end

Point end

The last pics shows that I got LUCKY and achieved the Holy Grail!!

The target was one of the first McKenzie Medium Deers back in 1992. The RH'd arrow was actually laying on the ground SPLIT in half. I picked it up, careful not to get any carbon splinters, and Scotch taped the (2) arrows back togather!!

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
too many I am out of 3d arrows now.. :cocktail:

and I consider everyone of them a bad shot on my part because the intent was never to hit the other arrow only put it about 1/4 inch away from it.

all I got is a bunch of wrecked arrows and looks like an unstable release.

·
Come on October!!!!
3,070 Posts
2 Aluminum 1 carbon

Hooded two while practicing on the large deer 3D (23 yds) in the back yard of the old homestead. Both came on 1st and second arrows, no group smack and no witnesses. The carbon (20 yds) was a public range 30 people hanging around and it was the next two arrows after a sight adjustment. Cool stuff but way too expensive to make a habit out of. All on display with the bent up kill arrows in the basement.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I for one have justed bowhunting. I purchased my first bow last fall and have shot religiously since february when my town had a club open. Just the other night when I was out sighting in my trophy taker drop away rest at 20 yards when I got my first and probably last robin-hood. I was very excited about it and felt pretty proud also. But after reading everybody's post's it kind of makes me feel like robin-hoods are no big thing. Everybody keeps stating that they are "expensive" and "get old fast". Maybe if you were consistently shooting up arrows on a weekly basis there might be reason to get upset. But for guys such as myself I would be happy to keep buying arrows if I kept splitting them right up the middle.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I got my first one this summer shooting at my 3D target in back. It will be cool to show my middle school students when we have our archery unit in Physical Education. I am the bowhunting die hard that got archery back in to our middle school.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts