Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who shoots the western new york field league i just wanted to throw out an update on our club. We are working through the winter to open up another 14 targets so that we can shoot 28 different targets. We plan on having 14 field and 14 hunter targets ready to go for the first federation shoot. We have also been working on clearing out trees to let more light in on the targets. I know we are just starting the indoor season but think spring and think field.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
That sound sweet.....working in the snow and cold to get it done also :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We took a club that was dying out and brought it back too life with record membership and lots of hard work. It does help that a few of us are kind of crazy. But we also take a lot of pride in the club and the sport.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Congrats...Next time I'm up in Buffalo for a visit, I might have to stop by and fling a few...Is Avon still alive? Man that course was fun to shoot...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looking forward to shooting the new 14 in the spring! Shot our first ever field round at Rochester Bowhunters this past spring and had a great time, came back 4 or 5 more times after. We shot with a couple members who were awesome showing us the ropes of how a field round is shot.

As long as you have a pot of that chili sauce going I am sure you will stay warm working through the winter!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are rumors that there is work going on to bring Avon Bowmen back from the dead. They fell to the same thing a lot of clubs fell too, not enough members to keep up the course. Now that field archery is on the rise we hope that more clubs will get back on thier feet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I apoligize for letting him speak.

what shawn meant to say is, we hope everyone comes back this yr. and has a great time. We had alot of fun last yr. with all the top notch shooters from Buffalo, and the surrounding areas. We are making great improvements to the club and the range. See ya in the spring. But for now, its indoor season!

Brian

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Brian

Dont be mad because you have the pleasure of a co-range captain. And you do need to change your name. . . . . i got some names for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts