Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good head for a low KE set up, but for higher KE set ups I would opt for something with 3 blades and a little bigger cutting diameter.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Fairly tough and penetrates well. Won't make a big wound channel, but should be enough with a good hit.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Rocket

I have two packages (unopened) of the Steelhead 125's that I'd trade even up for 6 new fixed blade BH's.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
dynatec15 said:
how about the hammerhead vs the steel head?

Steel head is a tougher, better penetrating head than the Hammerhead and requires very little KE to open.

The Hammerhead will do it's job and is plenty tough to harvest a deer, but with 3 blades and a 2" cutting diameter, you better have plenty of KE to push it through ;)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Naildriver 125

The Naildriver 125 is probably the toughest, best penetrating mechanical ever made. I stocked up when they were discontinued last year.

Like just about any head and whitetails, if you put them where they belong you will have short trails to dead deer. :D

The Steelhead 125 and NAP Shockwave are also excellent choices IMO.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This will be my second year using the Naildriver 125 by Rockethead and I like them a lot. My buck that I got last year left a very, very good blood trail and found him within 150 yards of where I shot him. I used to use a 3 fixed blade broadhead, but will not go back to them after using these broadheads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts