Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one had trouble with Rocket Mechanical broadheads not opening or breaking? Any issues any all?????

·
The Impartial Archer
18,232 Posts
Killed many deer, hogs, and even turkey with the Rocket Sidewinders and had no failures...Good head. Just watch those steep angle shots with any rear folding mechanical.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Never, never, never...Steelheads. The only problem I have ever encounted with these heads is a bad back from dragging dead deer out of the woods! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
The only problem I have ever encounted with these heads is a bad back from dragging dead deer out of the woods!
I love it!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I had a 1 3/4" cut alum. furrel head by rocket break in the oppisite shoulder of a 200# buck

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have killed deer with the rocky revolution. The only problem that I have had is that the entrance hole is not as large as the exit. A dime going in a quarter going out.
I keep them in my quiver for windy days.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds great. I plan on using the slammerheads. 1 3/4" cutting diameter. Anyone had issues with these heads?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Never had to track a deer killed with a Rocket expandable. Watched them all expire from my stand. Ive used 75 gr wolverines and switched to 100 gr steelheads last year, same result. Devistation and quick expiration!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m shooting a Bowtech Black Night Dually, 370 grain Arrow at 285 fps. I think it’s fast enough.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Went to Cabela's the other day and picked up some of the Cabela Lazerstrike mech's. I was told by the sales person there they are made by the same peopel that make Rocket mechnical's and they are the same as the sidewinder head. The only difference is the Cabela's brand is silver and the rockets are anodized. They are also $10 cheaper then the Rockets.

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
first never had a problem with rockets ever but I would not recomend slammerhead there is such a thing as to big old expandables bounced out because they couldn't get through the ribs. sidewinder will leave a hole you won't believe and a bloodtrail you can't miss. as for the cabela's head they are the same head but I think softer aluminum I used them they worked but I bent everyone in the center could not use replacement blades

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have never had a problem with their perfromance on game animals.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've read how tough they are, but had one blade break off a steelhead earlier this week when shooting a 3-D target. In the head's defense, I had shot it about 10 times, but still didn't expect the blade to break off. That being said, I'll probably try them on deer this year because of all the positive reports and test results.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Steelheads are all I use. When you screw them in, they only catch a few threads, but a quarter twist with pliers and there's no worry of them coming out all season. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I've used the Strictnines for 3 years not. 2" cutting diameter. I've had one blade break off inside a deer, but everyone so far has passed through. I shot a deer at 45 yards from the ground and it passed through. Never seen blood trails like these. With that being said I would hate to have this head hit the shoulder, because I'm not so sure it would break through it. The steelheads would get much better penetration, but less tissue damage going through the vitals. Those Strictnines really do some crazy damage when the arrow is placed right. I've been tinkering with the Montec G5 fixed blade broadheads, because I realize every shot will not be perfect and I want to crush that shoulder bone if I come in contact with it. Not sure yet what I'm going to do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts