Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Double lung, quartering to me, 12 yard shot. Arrow entered shoulder and exited out the abdomen between the hind legs. It almost passed through the entire deer lengthwise and stuck 3" in the ground!

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. :)

I'm shooting a Hoyt RazorTec set at 63 lb. draw weight with Beman ICS 400 Hunter shafts cut at 29" tipped with Rocket Steelhead 125's. My arrows blow completely through every critter I shoot, every time.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
DeerTexas said:
Thanks. :)

I'm shooting a Hoyt RazorTec set at 63 lb. draw weight with Beman ICS 400 Hunter shafts cut at 29" tipped with Rocket Steelhead 125's. My arrows blow completely through every critter I shoot, every time.
WOW!:eek: Thats awsome.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Khunter said:
Just curious, how fast are your arrows flying and whats your K.E.?
Haven't chrono'd my arrows in a while. Last time I checked they were flyin at about 278 fps. Somebody smarter than me would have to tell you the KE I'm getting out of my rig. It would be interesting for me to know, too. All I know is that the set up is working as well as I could ever hope or expect. :)

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I don't know exactly but your arrows should weigh about 423 grains. If they are flying at 278fps then you have 72lbs of KE. 278 sounds kind of fast for 63lbs with a 423 grain arrow out of a Razortec. Although I don't know how long of a draw length you are shooting. If its 31", then that would explain it.

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Khunter said:
I don't know exactly but your arrows should weigh about 423 grains. If they are flying at 278fps then you have 72lbs of KE. 278 sounds kind of fast for 63lbs with a 423 grain arrow out of a Razortec. Although I don't know how long of a draw length you are shooting. If its 31", then that would explain it.
My draw length isn't quite that long. Now that you mention it, the 278 fps was a chrono speed when I was still shooting 100 grain heads. Haven't checked the speed since I went to 125 grain heads, but everything else has remained the same. How much would 25 extra grains take off of the speed? How would that affect the KE?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts