Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shot these yet? I am leaning on getting them in 125 gr and giving them a go for this season. They seem similar to the Slick Tricks that everyone raves about. I have shot Rocket Steelhead mechanicals with good luck for three seasons but would like to go back to shooting a fixed blade this year.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
I shot the 100 grain ones into my broadhead target. If your tuned up they will split a filed tip arrow, however when I pulled the arrow out of the target I only had two blades and three went in there. Never tried them on deer but I'm sure they would work.

Like anything else if your shot placement is there, the deer won't get far...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use the rocket ultimate 100's. I have taken two does with them. All of the blades were still present after pulling the arrow out of the ground. The only issue I have with them is it is almost impossible to sharpen the blades because of how small they are. I now keep a box of replacement blades vs. sharpening them.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I have been useing them the last 2 years and have had great success.
I have killed two bucks and a bear and they all went down real fast.
they fly great

·
Wishin' I was in Montana
1,330 Posts
Agree with nova bowhunter.
Fly Great, penetrate great, but a pain to put together.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good and Bad

I used the Ultimate Steels last year to kill two does, a buck and a pig. They fly wonderfully and I passed through each and every animal that I released on. However, I did have a problem with blood trails!!! I don't know if it was the small size of the head or what, but they just never really bleed and it took lots of time and frustration finding them compared to my larger muzzy three blades. Anyone else have this problem????

·
Registered
760 Posts
Shot them and they fly awesome. As other shave said, they are a pan in the arse to assemble, and were even worse pulling from a broadhead target because of the severe angle of the noncutting portion when pulling out... I switched to WASP BOSS and BOSS Bullets, and havent looked back. They are awesome and even came out with a 4 blade boss this year. and they come out of the target as easy as they go in. Check them out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the answers. I generally only shoot a dozen or so shots into my block target with my broadheads just to make sure they are shooting the same as my fieldpoints, so I am not worried about that. As long as they fly nice and straight, that is what I am looking for. Any sharp broadhead in the boilerroom will do the job.

I hadn't even looked at the Wasp broadheads, but I do like the looks of that 4-blade Boss, I just wish it came in a 125 g head. I shoot aluminum arrows and I need the 125 g's.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Very sharp, very accurate, very prone to blade loss. That pretty much sums them up in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
they did ther job tonight
I have spent every evening and morning I have been able to since bear season opened on the 1st sitting in tree stands and ground blind at water holes and swamps hoping for a bear to wander by, and tonight one finaly did! :shade:
23 yards, pass through, bear went less then 20 yards. these heads work great :teeth:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts