Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the Rocky Mountain Revolution which open on impact?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used them last year. They fly great but I think they should be considered disposables. Each one I shot into deer had severe nicks in it and were more like serrated edged after being used.

Other than that, no complaints.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
I had trouble with the O rings. they would come off in my quiver.
don't forget to take the tool with you because I couldn't get the O ring back in place without the tool.

·
When's bow season start?
8,863 Posts
You can put the O-ring back on without the tool, but you better be careful! They are accurate heads, that's for sure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used these heads last year to hunt caribou in Newfouland they performed very good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have used the Revolution heads for two seasons and harvested three bucks with them. They fly exactly as my field points and performed flawlessly on the game. I have had no trouble with the rubber bands.

The reason I selected the Revolution head is because they open from the rear thus eliminating the possible deflection experienced with some front opening heads on angled shots.

Dave1

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
revolutions

Here is the whole truth. I have used them but went to fixed blades. My problem was that after a few practice shots the rubber band would become week and would slide out of position during flight causing a very erratic flight. I was hoping that they had perfected a way of locking the blades in place for practice. And by the way thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bruin
I put a half a drop of JBweld where each blade touched the collar. I did not use the O ring. this is my practice head. It has stayed together thru hundreeds of shots.
Good Hunting
Breeze

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Ummmm, once you use one for practice and determine that it does indeed fly like your field points, is there really a necessity to continue testing the theory. Once I was convinced the Revolution flew the same I never used the bh on my arrow again for practice. Unscrew the Rev, put a field point on, shoot a few arrows, then put the Rev back on and hit the treestand.

Yes, they are more or less disposable. Blades are just thin enough that they get nicked up passing through the bones. Great opportunity to then use as a practice head if one feels they need to practice with the actual bh on their arrow, lol!

O-rings only came off in my quiver when I tried to use a quiver not designed for mechanicals. After that I opened up the hole(s) in the quiver hood a little and slide the arrow in making sure not to apply pressure on the Rev tip. Probably true for most other types of mechs as well in terms of not putting too much pressure on the front of the bh when putting them in the bowquiver.

Only thing I dislike thus far about the Rev is that the o-rings do erode and weaken over time even when not used. I noticed on a couple of my current Rev heads (about 3 years old) that I will need to replace the o-rings before using them for hunting this year. Then again, maybe I'll give the Ironheads a try this year instead. Similar to the Snypers but no o-rings.

breeze15, thanks for the tip on keeping the blades from opening. May put that to use in the future when group testing any expandables that utilize the rubber o-rings. Certainly beats having to try putting the o-ring back into place after each shot, lol :)!

Just my limited opinion anyways. 1 shot w/ the Rev = 1 P&Y buck, no other experience beyond that, lol :D! Liked what I saw however, performed as advertised.

>>---------->

·
Registered
830 Posts
I shot the revolution heads and killed two deer. The entrance hole was only the size of a nickel the exit was larger than a quarter.
I feel the entrance hole is two small.
I would like to hear from others reguard the size of the entrance holes.
FYI both deer were on the ground within 5 seconds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts