Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the concept and the cut of Rocky's Scent IQ pants and pull-over. They are very comfortable, super soft, and absolutely quiet. They also have plenty of pockets in both garments. Not only that but they are light enough for hot weather and warm enough for cool weather. What more can you ask? Right? Well it seems that everytime I wear them and they get a good dose of perspiration, they begin to smell. They don't smell like sweat, they just smell. I thought this new material was suppoesed to kill the bacteria that caused odor? Perhaps it did kill the bacteria, but in doing so created another odor?

I've washed them in Scent Away and Primos Silver Detergent. Still same results. Anyone have a similar experience? Or suggestions?

·
Registered
779 Posts
All i can say is based on what I have read about Rocky over the past few days in the threads that are popping up, there products will never find there way into my shopping cart.....

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All i can say is based on what I have read about Rocky over the past few days in the threads that are popping up, there products will never find there way into my shopping cart.....

I thought that was true about their boots, but their clothing too?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i love their hunting clothes... does the smell go away when you wash and then come back?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
maybe its you...

·
Archery Addict
9,211 Posts
I wore them during the spring turkey season and fall archery seasons here in Ark. If they can pass the "sniff" test on me after two days w/o washing, they are all they are advertised to be. The only odors they destroy are the ones caused by bacteria on your body. Use a little scent killer spray on the outer surface to get rid of any other odors.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I have a set of these and haven't noticed anything "foul" in the air. Course, my sense of smell is about as good as a frog's.

·
Archery Addict
9,211 Posts
In Oct. during the first part of bowseason, the temps were in upper 80's to mid 90's. They really wicked the moisture from my body to the surface of the fabric, keeping me dry and as scent free as possible. With other clothes, my wife would always make comments on how bad (sour) my clothes smelled after a hunt in warm weather. Now she wonders if I've really been out hunting or not! No offensive odor!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Really nice clothes! Never had a problem with them in any temperature.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have the whole outfit and love it. I have noticed that when I really sweat in it though that I do need to wash it to remove the odor but it is no different than my other hunting clothes. I did have some of the carbon clothing before and that didn't do anything more or less than the silver lined stuff. As for their ability to control your scent, I think it does only to a certain point. I have never found anything to keep me from stinking when I really sweat a lot. So I try hard not to sweat a lot in my clothes whenever possible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts