Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought of rool of vinyl arrow wrap tape. I believe it's 1" wide. I wrapped some arrows last night and the wrap is about a 1/64" too wide. It overlaps where it started so now there's a step up where they meet. Is this normal??

· Registered
12,940 Posts
I just made some yesterday too ... I bought chrome auto tape 8'x 14" for 12.99 cut them the same as some wraps I had by making a jig ..3" they seem to only add 3 grains to the finished arrow and I can make tons of them with the roll I bought ... 3D arrows obviously ... I weighed them out so far 5 are the same and the most they very is 2 grains.. I'll post some pics later

· Registered
10,965 Posts
So it doesn't affect the arrow flight having the little step up??
no, some overlap is perfectly normal. That overlap actually allows the vinyl to adhere to itself making a better bond to the shaft:smile:

· Registered
919 Posts
I found out that if I tried to fit the wrap so that the edges just touched and did not overlap, soon the wrap would shrink just enough to make a gap that stuck out way more than the tiny overlap did. Take a tip.........let them overlap just a little.

Sooner or later, you will wind up needing to put a vane on top of the lap no matter how hard you try and plan ahead. So far for me, the vanes that I HAD to glue on or across the lap have all worked out OK with no adhesion issues.

· Registered
185 Posts
The wrap should not matter, it should'nt be thicker than a knock collar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.