Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Strange question that I was asked by a guy I work with today...

Does anyone make an aftermarket cable guard for newer PSE models similar to the Rollerguard that Mathews and numerous other companies have incorporated into their design? If so, has anyone tried them? Thanks for the input, guys and gals!

-KG

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any reviews and/or pics of the Bow Turbo installed? I just did a little research and the general opinion is mixed. People seem to either love it or hate it. I love my PSE's but the cable guard seems to be the only accessory on the new models that hasn't really gotten a face lift...

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
because it imparts torque to the bow

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just went to their website and read and watched the videos. They make an impressive case for speed increases and it doesn't look hard to attach. But the PRICE!!!!!! $80 for the unit and (because of my bow type) another $45 for the offset bracket. GOOD LORD!!!! While I would love to get rid of my slide in place of a roller, I wouldn't be doing it for speed (I'm plenty fast enough) and I SURE wouldn't be doing it at that cost!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I really think that they seem like a good idea because of the wheel vs. friction, but they cause a lot of torque. Bowtech tried it for a few years and then dumped them. I am fairly certain that is what causes alot of mathews torque/tuning issues. Someone can correct me if wrong.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
I just went to their website and read and watched the videos. They make an impressive case for speed increases and it doesn't look hard to attach. But the PRICE!!!!!! $80 for the unit and (because of my bow type) another $45 for the offset bracket. GOOD LORD!!!! While I would love to get rid of my slide in place of a roller, I wouldn't be doing it for speed (I'm plenty fast enough) and I SURE wouldn't be doing it at that cost!
All the turbo does is make the dl longer and add draw weight

you can do that already for free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts