Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently (3 weeks ago) purchased my first bow, a Hoyt Charger, Vicxen Edition.. I knew that the bows came in 30-40# and 40-50#.. When I got to the store and talked to the guy, he said "so are you wanting to start with the 40#", I assumed this meant there was room to move up but apparently I was wrong because now I am wanting to increase #s but have since learned I have 30-40# limbs. I called them back and asked what I could do and he said that its okay to move past the marked poundage sometimes, that it's just "recommended" but that doesn't sound right to me.. My question is, what can I do to fix my problem correctly?? Like I said, this is my first bow, so any help appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think what they are saying is generally Hoyt's will max out a bit above the max poundage listed. My 70# nitrum actually a maxes right at 72# or maybe that they can tweek the string for a bit more poundage. But you are correct that if you want to move up more than a few pounds you'll need new limbs. They're not that expensive about 125$ but it may take 4 weeks + to get them.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Should be able to get 42-44# out of it with maxing the limb bolts. Other then that need new limbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts