Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whadda you think about them? Any good? Shooters? Im looking for a bow and dont know what I want. I want 34-37 inch a2a. 7-9 inches of brace height. a smooth and very quiet shot. speed is cool but not what melts my butter if you smell what im steppin in.
DannyG
PS I wish I was steppin in elk poop in the Rockies:cry:

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
The 334 is an awsome bow. Craftsmanship is impecable, draw is smooth as silk, hard back wall. Some call it slow but I get 285 with mine.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have a Ross CR334, and have shot the 31, by far the best bow I have owned, and I have had just about all of them, Smooth, quiet, and an awesome finish.
I would definetly try one if I were you.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have tested a few at the local shop & they seem like a really good bow & they seemed to shoot very nice. I would have no issue buying a Ross, it's a quility product.

·
Wishin' I was in Montana
1,330 Posts
I have a 337, and it's everything you've heard it is.
Smooth draw, smooth shooting, and plenty fast for me :)

--John

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I bought a 337 and love it. Excellent bow, excellent quality and excellent performance. The 337 sounds like exactly what you are seeking. It is very smooth and very quiet. You state that speed is cool but not what melts your butter. I agree. Just because there are faster bows made doesn't mean Ross is lacking in speed. They are fast bows. It's just that there are faster bows. One should try to get the most performance out of whatever bow he has.

There is only one fastest bow. I don't know which bow that is and I don't care. If you are after speed, Ross has it. If you are after the fastest bow made, I don't know if it is made by Ross, Matthews, Martin, Bowtech, Jennings, etc., etc., etc. Frankly I don't care. I own a Ross, a Mathews and a Bowtech. I'm confident that my version of each of those manufactures' bows is not the fastest. I do know that each one very effectively terminates the life forces in both big and small game.

I know that's more than what you asked for; but, my Ross 337 is my favorite of all that I own and will be accompanying me on my elk hunt starting this Saturday. Good luck with your decision.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I have the 334 and a 337/Comp model.
Both are great bows.
I like the 334 a lil more but I am a short ATA kind of guy.
Since I have bought my Ross bows I have sold my Bowtech Allegaince, Liberty VFT, and Tomkat plus my Mathews Outback and Switchback.
These bows are VERY smooth shooters.
Not the fastest but still great hunting and taget rigs, IMO.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I own two Ross CR337's. Both are exceptional bows. Actually, the best I've ever shot in many years of shooting bows. I cannot say one bad thing about them, including their customer service. They are a hunting bow and would be good for indoors and field archery. I shoot 64 lbs on both and they a plenty quick enough to hunt with.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just sold my switchback and bought a cr337.the short axle to axle just was`nt my thing.Its like stated above everything you read about.once you start shooting it, its hard to put down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts