Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has shot the 09 Ross Carnivor. If so how does the "Krank" work and how does it shoot.

·
Registered
480 Posts
love mine

I have one, and so far I love it. Mine is 34". I have not chrongraphed it but it seems fast. It is extremely quiet, and pulling back 70 lbs feels like pulling back 60lbs. I have shot hoyt since 1991, but this might be the finest bow I have ever owned.

·
HogHeaven
781 Posts
Shot the 31 and it is amazing, holds like a much longer ATA bow and built like a tank. The camo is wonderful. Dont know the speeds, but the draw, hold and shot where as good if not better than any of the new bows out.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I shot one next to the Alpha Max. I would never touch the Alpha Max after shooting the Carnivore. Smooth draw, fast enough, but I am not a speed demon so that's not the most important to me I guess. The thing I noticed is the quietness. With nothing but a string stopper on it and you wouldn't have to put silencers on the string. IMO, the ultimate hunting bow, would have to shoot it more to think about it for a target bow. Only complaint I had is that it is a smooth draw, and when it pops in on the back wall you can hold it all day, but it seems to kind of draw a little harder than the weight it was set at should feel, IMO. I don't really know the best way to explain it, but nothing that I would ever let steer me away.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like an awesome rig. I GOT TO GET MY HANDS ON ONE TO PLAY WITH!!!!!

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Great rig.

Very little to no hand shock. Decent speed (not a speed monster - mine IBO's at 301FPS/62#), and very quiet.

Once you get into the valley, you can literally keep it there all day. It's a rock solid bow.

-Steve

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Old post but I got to shoot one today and all I got to say is WOW. I have yet to shoot any other 09' models but after I got done shooting the sales person shot it so I could hear it 5' behind him and a little to the side and it has to be one of the quietest bows out there. As far as any jumping or hand shock I shot it with open hand with my fingers just curled back to 1/4" from riser and it rocked ever so slightly foward and touched my fingers and settled back with out me ever griping bow. Im defintly want to shoot more bows but this will be very high on my list Im sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts