Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I shot my Ross 334 for thefirst time with broadheads (Thunderheads 100). There was no difference between my field points and my broadheads whatsoever. At 50 yds I was able to keep my broadhead in the 4 inch circle I cut into a paper plate. I was really impressed that I did not have to change my sights. Has anyone else with a Ross had the same sight placement with both or just me. Every other bow i had shot low or right or left or both. This bow is awesome.

·
Banned
159 Posts
My buddy is pretty much spot on with his broadheads and field tips also. I am having serious issues with mine so I am not sure what mine will do.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear that

So far the only problems I have had is string and peep noise which the STS system cleared up right away. This is first time I have heard of this problem. Have u looked up the Lawyer Outdoors article which shows the where the bolt head is supposed to be aligned. It has a picture and methods to tune your Ross bow.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Yes I have and the bow is in perfect specs. Very confused right now but I am sure I will get it figured out. Hopefully :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have tuned all kinds and models and the Ross CR line is by far the most forgiving and easiest to tune out there IMO. With a proper tune I can get any true spinning broadhead to hit with field points. I have not had to make over six adjustments to any Ross bow I have tuned yet and most are in with two once properly setup. As close as the tolerances are on the CR line I have a hard time believeing there is a problem with a bow unless something happened after is was shipped. I noticed you are using a WB, is it set so the bottom of the arrow intersects the berger hole 1/2 to 3/4 up? I know only the WB deluxe has verticle adjustment so if you had to angle the mounting bracket the actual hole the arrow goes through will effectively be smaller an could cause the fletching to contact the black at which point it could be near impossible to get good flight without an undesirable nock height.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I shot my 337 with broadheads for the first time yesterday at our broadhead shoot. I tried a new Slick Trick, because I hadn't shot them before, and wanted to feel confident in how they were flying.

The combination of the Ross bow and Slick Trick broadhead was unbelievable! I sighted in the broadhead first, and then just for fun went over to a practice bale with field tips. Using exactly the same sight settings, I nailed the 5 ring on a field target at 30 yards three times in a row. That was the easiest broadhead setup that I've ever done.

·
Registered
517 Posts
RossDeathDraw said:
I dont want to hijack this thread. I posted about this in more detail on the Ross Forum.
Where is the ross forum? There's not one on the ross website.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
RossDeathDraw said:
I dont want to hijack this thread. I posted about this in more detail on the Ross Forum.

Responce provided over there too.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I agree with pblawler. My Ross has been the easiest bow to tune I've ever owned. Two weeks ago I swapped my TT for a NAP SmartRest. I had it tuned in 3 shots.

I tried my G5 Strikers on Friday and they are hitting right with my field points @ 30 yards. Didn't have a chance to shoot any further out.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Im not saying that the bow isnt easy to tune. Its only been the last week I have been having troubles and its just frustrating not being able to figure it out.

I love the Ross Bows

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanx

Well Now i know its not just dumb luck but just another quality of a Ross bow.

Thank you for responding to my question

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I shot my bow in july with 100 gr muzzys and they shot right with the field points. No sight adjustments needed. I've switched over to blazers since then and they shoot the same with them too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts